New Interface

Long time user and purchaser of the product. Love it, always been a tool I use.

Gotta say though the new interface is not great. It literally looks exactly like all the fake antivirus programs I use malwarebytes to get rid of....

The old interface was simple and professional. The new one is really over the top with the colours, font sizes and option box sizes.

Just my 2 cents. Love the function of the product. Always have, always will.

Hello and welcome:

Thanks for the feedback.

Yes, there is a lot that's new in 2.00 - the GUI is one of them.

You are not alone. ;)

However, the MBAM team has been listening.

The latest version update (2.0.1) includes some improvements in that regard: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=145758

More tweaks and fixes to follow with another build in a few weeks.

Cheers,

daledoc1

I completely, 100% agree!  I registered in this forum just to voice my displeasure.

Sure, sure, everytime there is a major change to any product user's b**** and complain.  Look at Windows 8.  

This is not like that.  As the OP stated, the first time I saw the new malwarebytes I immediately went in to defensive mode thinking they were infected with fake-av.  The interface sucks! You literally took your visual cues from the malware creators.  It took a lot of genius for that!

I absolutely DO NOT WANT malwarebytes running all the time on my computer.  Yet, that is the default now!?!?!?  Not to mention that when there is a program update it nags me to death until I update?  What is wrong with you people?

It's a shame that good products are destroyed by the developers instead of replaced by better products.  Really guys, sad, the new UI is about as ignorant as it gets.

Three GUI items I have found are:

1) Dashboard - Scan Progress shows Next scheduled scan: ie; 04/09/2014 10:44:29 when the Scan Log shows the last scheduled scan started at that time, ran for 8 minutes 16 seconds and completed at 10:52:45. The next scheduled scan is in the scheduler for every day at 10:30.00am. If missed, run within 23 hours???

2) Settings panel: All the selections on the left change color when the mouse hovers over any position in the box except the General Settings box. It only changes/executes when the mouse anywhere except in the upper left quadrant ie; upper left corner to over the "e" in settings down to the "e" in settings and back to the left side below the General Settings verbage. User may think the button is dead unless he finds the working area!!!

3) Automatic Scheduling: If no item is highlighted, you only have the Add button text in black. Edit and Remove Task are greyed out. If you check a box under Select, you still have Add in black but you also get Remove Task in black and only Edit is greyed out. Uncheck Select box and only Add is in black.

Now if you click anywhere in the row except the Select column BOX itself, the entire row turns a light blue background with Add and Edit in black and Remove Task greyed out. Clicking the Select column Box turns Remove Task on(checkmark) and greys it out(no checkmark). To get the row background back to plain white, Edit a row item (you do not have to put a checkmark in the Select column Box), on the Edit Schedule panel click OK. and the light blue background will be removed. If you had checked the Box in the Select column, the checkmark would also be removed after clicking OK on the Edit Schedule window.

Once you go through these items a few times, you sort of get used to them but a newbie could easily think "what were they thinking?" or "How does this work?". I sure did and I still don't understand item # 1...

Three GUI items I have found are:

1) Dashboard - Scan Progress shows Next scheduled scan: ie; 04/09/2014 10:44:29 when the Scan Log shows the last scheduled scan started at that time, ran for 8 minutes 16 seconds and completed at 10:52:45. The next scheduled scan is in the scheduler for every day at 10:30.00am. If missed, run within 23 hours???

2) Settings panel: All the selections on the left change color when the mouse hovers over any position in the box except the General Settings box. It only changes/executes when the mouse anywhere except in the upper left quadrant ie; upper left corner to over the "e" in settings down to the "e" in settings and back to the left side below the General Settings verbage. User may think the button is dead unless he finds the working area!!!

3) Automatic Scheduling: If no item is highlighted, you only have the Add button text in black. Edit and Remove Task are greyed out. If you check a box under Select, you still have Add in black but you also get Remove Task in black and only Edit is greyed out. Uncheck Select box and only Add is in black.

Now if you click anywhere in the row except the Select column BOX itself, the entire row turns a light blue background with Add and Edit in black and Remove Task greyed out. Clicking the Select column Box turns Remove Task on(checkmark) and greys it out(no checkmark). To get the row background back to plain white, Edit a row item (you do not have to put a checkmark in the Select column Box), on the Edit Schedule panel click OK. and the light blue background will be removed. If you had checked the Box in the Select column, the checkmark would also be removed after clicking OK on the Edit Schedule window.

Once you go through these items a few times, you sort of get used to them but a newbie could easily think "what were they thinking?" or "How does this work?". I sure did and I still don't understand item # 1...

1. +/- 15 minute window - staggered scans, built into the system.
  2. Known bug since the Betas.
  3. Yup, not really sure why this was done, but the check boxes are for removing, while highlighting an item allows editing.