why should i purchase malware

chewy

• Staff

Welcome to the forums.

No one can decide if you need to purchase the PRO version but yourself. This all depends on how many people use the PC and their surfing habits. If you have people that pay no heed to basic Net surfing guidelines, download anything, open any email trawl for all sorts of P2P files and cracks, I would say it would be a good idea to spend the money.

If on the other hand the system is used by one person and they adhere to strict user guidelines, then maybe you don't need to buy it.

The benefit of purchasing the PRO version is the advantage of scheduled updating and scanning plus the security of our RealTime Protection Module. You also get lifetime software upgrades regardless of what features we include.

There is also the added value of making only one single payment as opposed to other security software which is subscription based.

The free version is free to use in any home environment for as long as you like and on as many machines as you like but use of either the Free or PRO versions in any business\corporate requires a yearly license fee.

• Root Admin

I'll give you another reason. LIFETIME free updates for Home users. I purchased UltraEdit many years ago back when it was at version 7.x almost 10 years ago and kept paying for upgrades, then around 10.x I bought the LIFETIME license and they are now up to version 15 and so much more functionality then when I originally bought it. It cost me about 3 times the price of the single license at the time, but after about version 12 and since it has not cost me a dime and as long as they're still in business I'll continue to get updates for it for free. The savings for me over the past and into the future are great, and I hopefully will still be doing computing and using their product for at least another 10 years. I think the same thing will apply to those that purchase Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware now for $24.95. In the future prices could go up or maybe they will quit offering a free lifetime and do as many others do and offer a yearly fee or a fee for all major updates. The way I look at is, unless you're going to quit using a computer (very unlikely) then you'll always have an up to date top of the line Anti-Malware product that continues to improve and add functionality even 5 years from now by spending a small price now.

• 1 year later...

The reason I purchased it was because of the full time/real time detection rates. I knew that Malwarebytes was great at scanning and finding all the viruses, but by having the premium version I knew I would have 24/7 protection. And the fact that it was a lifetime license sealed the deal with Malwarebytes Coupon.

I'd also like to highlight in particular what is one of our currently most frequently overlooked, yet most proactive features: the Malicious Website Blocker included only in the paid version. It blocks known IP addresses and IP ranges that harbor malware, therefore blocking it from ever reaching your PC, whether it be through malicious ad injection on an otherwise safe page, peer-to-peer software, a malicious link in an email or malicious site redirects from safe pages. It will also frequently even block traffic from a trojan if it was able to infect your PC so that the trojan can't phone home to download more malware or send your personal info, passwors etc that it may have harvested back to the bad guys to use for profits.

The reason I purchased it was because of the full time/real time detection rates. I knew that Malwarebytes was great at scanning and finding all the viruses, but by having the premium version I knew I would have 24/7 protection. And the fact that it was a lifetime license sealed the deal.

That's pretty much why I did the same. Stellar detection, free support, lifetime updates was enough to convince me. What more can you want? Although it would be nice to start scans minimized as I hate being interrupted while programming. :P

No nigel, Malwarebytes does NOT replace an AntiVirus program such as Kaspersky, Norton, Avira, etc... Malwarebytes is designed to work alongside a good AV product to enhance the protection of your computer. Malwarebytes is an Anti-MALWARE program, and while it does protect against SOME viruses, that is NOT its main function. Malwarebytes is good at what the AV programs are NOT good at. Filling in the holes, if you will.

Thanks for the question and I hope that my answer was helpful for you as well as anyone else happening across this thread. If you have any other questions, feel free to post!

:)

• 3 years later...

i use Microsoft live security for anti viruses and anti spywares - FREE & win8 included

and

Malwarebytes - PRO to shield the rest

the combination works like a charm (not the best best AV AS)

security breaks are very rare, and most 'funmods' or asktoolbar xD

25$ life protection

better than the RAM's starving norton, panda, avast etc

• 2 weeks later...

Purchase soon if you are going to, when 2.0 officially comes out, Malwarebytes will be a yearly subscription, good on up to three computers per license per year as far as I understand.  (Staff may want to jump in and clarify if necessary).

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all. I'm the poster-girl for why Pro might be a good idea. Although I'm pretty cautious, a few months ago I inadvertently downloaded something and acquired the Sweet IM malware. It took days and days of research to get rid of it myself. I was on summer break from my teaching job so had the time. Must have goofed again because yesterday the default search changed to Conduit- brief research revealed the need for another marathon of research but no time. None of the standard malware removers and antivirus touched it. I still had the free version of your program- SO grateful that it identified and eliminated the problem! It's clear I need Pro as a preventative measure. The investment will be well worth it. Thanks for saving my system!!

Hello and Welcome meredit

We are glad Malwarebytes has helped you eradicate this malicious software. If your current security solution let this infection through, you might please consider purchasing the FULL version of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware for additional protection.

Thank you for using Malwarebytes Anti-Malware

Activating the full version unlocks real-time protection, scheduled scanning, and scheduled updating.