Photography

AdvancedSetup

yep they are good shots ...

good resolution into the blacks .

what was the shutter speed ?

there is what looks like a little movement blurring of the "tunnel" ... especially on the cat .

bush's chicken ... it seems to me i have had it in the past .

i don't think they're are a big chain of them (not like popeye's and such) .

i'm pretty sure it was many years ago and there was a short blonde involved .

what area are you located in ?

Bush's Chicken is a local chicken place, and it a favorite in Central Texas.... it is quite tasty....

Could not tell you what the shutter speed was, as I was taking them in Full Auto with my camera.... I am definitely an armature when it comes to this stuff, but I am learning and getting better as I go. I have to delete some pictures from my camera quite often as they are terrible. I may take about 10 pictures and 4 of them are great....

I did like those as I was standing in the stands, 90 yards away with no tripod.... just my steady hands...

"I am definitely an armature when it comes to this stuff ..."

and walter cronkite was a commutator .

:lol:

4/10 is good ...

the trouble with digital is that a lot of people never learn "what is what" because it is so much cheaper than chemical photography .

sooo ... they PNS on a grander scale than what made george eastman famous , and make ansel adams spin in his grave .

i do believe that i have had bush's chicken ... and there was a short blonde .

we were headed back north from an amateur radio swap meet at dallas/fw ... in no particular hurry and did the "wander/see the sights" thing .

i remember (eventually) going through ozona at 0dark30 a few days after the swap meet ..

• Root Admin

Not sure I fully agree with the people never learn "what is what", perhaps not to the level of obtaining a degree in photography but I've seen plenty of junk shots from professional film shooters in the past too.  There just is no way film or digital that one can be spot on 100% of every shot and those that think or say they can are simply liars to be blunt.

Very few of us have the luxury of making a living from taking photographs and thus spending a hundred plus hours a month doing nothing else but learning and experimenting with photography as Ansel Adams and some other well renowned photographers have or had.

Film photography was much more expensive so of course one would naturally take more time to compose shots (and possibly miss or lose shots that a Digital Photographer may get) - Like it or not the World and Photography like many things has changed greatly and you can read numerous blogs where well known photographers now have trouble making a living taking photos and much of that is attributed to the ease and relative low cost of digital photography.

"Twelve significant photographs in any one year is a good crop." - Ansel Adams

When is the last time you heard of someone taking a 4 year apprenticeship in something like Plumbing, Electrical, Photography, Printing, etc... yet that was very common and expected that one would need to complete an apprenticeship in order to be considered a seasoned or professional in their field.  It might still exist somewhere but I'm not typically seeing it anymore.

Composing and taking an image that expresses what you feel or want to portray is more important than all the technical details.  One can buy the best equipment in World and study photography and take some very good quality images but that does not mean they will be interesting or fantastic images.  Unfortunately I feel I fall into that category myself many times as I do not consider myself artistic and being artistic I think is a greater value to have in photography than simply being good at the technical aspects of an image.

As a weekend warrior of photography I think the images you've provided are quite good Firefox.  I could certainly locate and bag on thousands of lousy photographs and in fact there are some sites dedicated to doing that but I have no interest in doing so.  If you and your friends and family enjoy the photographs then who cares how many shots it took to get it.

yes , with "professional" photographers there is a lot of stuff that hits the trashcan ... physical and digital .

i was referencing that the vast majority of people are of the PNS variety ... just like in the 60's .

very few people knew "what was what" back then (think depth of field and the like) .

the technology of today has made photography easier in some ways but it will never be (as you say) "100%" ... it matters not who is behind the camera .

i would say that there there are vastly more individuals with cameras shooting vastly more pictures (pns , composed , etc .) today than back in the 60's .

i too would have liked to been able to "get into" photography more than i did (over the years) ... the realities of life have a way of taking precedence .

as with many other "hobbies and pastimes" there is a wide spread to the field .

it boils down to what is ok by the individual .

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

I have done a few female model shoots and I have been asked a few times to do male model shoots for underwear. 

Sorry but that's not my cup of tea and have declined those shoots so sorry but I don't have any pics of any hunky guys to share.  I'm sure my old, fat, balding figure isn't what you had in mind :lol:

nice rims ... the headlights look a bit odd for my tastes .

any better frontal shots of what's under the hood ?

;)

"I'm sure my old, fat, balding figure isn't what you had in mind"

ron , she said "hunky" , not "chunky" .

but i can sympathize ... i am starting to suffer from "furniture disease" ...

that is where your chest slips to your drawers .

:lol::P

@ DD1 :

i am certain if there were more females in these forums that pictures "balancing the equation" would be posted .

also ... i can remember the time when "ripped" meant toasted , fried or wasted .

:wacko: