Malwarebytes Enterprise - suggestion

Does anybody here think it would be a good idea to have a subforum for the above? I'm evaluating it at the moment and, whilst I'm halfway towards recommending we purchase it at our company, I have several reservations about it. It would be useful for me to have a way of discussing with other people who have/are evaluating the product. At present, I haven't found a way to reliably get information from the search feature of the forum (it doesn't seem to recognise quoted searches, for instance), and I don't want to keep relying on asking questions of the support team at MB if I can get a quick answer from somebody already using the product.

I think this is a good idea myself....

As for asking questions about MEE (Malwarebytes Enterprise Edition) you can just ask the questions probably in the General Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Forum => HERE <= and I am sure one of the staff would be happy to answer your questions (even if its been asked before)

Also what I like to do to get the best search results on the forums here, is I use Google to help me do my search. For example if I want to search for info on "Malwarebytes Enterprise Edition" I simply go to google.com and enter the test below in the search bar....

malwarebytes enterprise site:malwarebytes.org

This limits the search to only the site Malwarebytes and performs the search for what I was looking for....

Hope that helps....

• Root Admin

Thank you for our suggestion. I'm not sure if we will be creating one at this time or not but I will pass the information along.

However, please do feel free to contact support for any questions as that is part of the evaluation or purchase benefits

I've been asking for a business forum since I started using the corporate version. I'm now on the enterprise version and it makes life a little easier knowing which users I have to restrict now. Only thing I wish I could do is run removal tasks from the console instead of going to each machine.

I've been asking for a business forum since I started using the corporate version. I'm not on the enterprise version and it makes life a little easier knowing which users I have to restrict now. Only thing I wish I could do is run removal tasks from the console instead of going to each machine.

You should be able to if you execute your scans with the -remove switch (and I also recommend the -reboot switch to allow cleanup to complete, though you'll need to make certain that an abrupt reboot will not interrupt work).

My apologies if you thought I was asking for help. I was merely point out an issue that I've had with the Enterprise version of MBAM. The original poster was looking for information on a version of MBAM that I use I feel obligated to share what I know so that he knows what others have experienced. That's one of the reasons I've been trying to push the business forums. It gives us a place to share notes and might help others when planning or executing a deployment. And it might help alleviate the burden support is having to carry. I sent in a request almost two months ago about an issue I was having with a second admin, and have yet to hear a peep from them. The first thing I do when I come across any problem is try to find a solution online. Most of the time it's not a big deal because a lot of people usually have the same problems. But since there's only one way of getting support for this version, there aren't many resources online for troubleshooting. Which for people in my position is tough to deal with because I'm constantly having to field calls and emails from employees and vendors. So if I can post something on a forum and come back in a couple of hours to look at it when I'm not being inundated with other issues is a huge plus.

I don't mean to sound like a whiner, and I'll get off my soap box now. Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into this. It helps me a lot as a single IT guy with 100+ machines to manage.

-Ryan

• Root Admin

Hello Ryan,

If you've sent in a support ticket and don't hear back within 24 hours then the email almost was certainly filtered and blocked either on your end or on our end. If you have the ticket number please send me a private message with that number and I'll try to locate it and see what's up. In any case if you've not heard back from Business Support within 48 hours you should certainly escalate it either with a followup email or if needed even sending me a private message.

Thank you

• 1 month later...

Well, I ran the trial and worked through my issues. Even had a useful conversation with someone interfacing between sales and development to address some concerns I had. Unfortunately, the sales department has been utterly useless - they can't reliably receive any of my email, I have had very little in the way of a response back despite generating a bidget for purchase, getting a purchase order approved and raised and having the money ready to go. There is no telephone number to contact the salesperson I'm dealing with, and the mails I have sent (at least some of which I can confirm have gone through - the joy of managing my mail servers means I am able to see the logs on our mail gateways) have largely been ignored.

I am cancelling my purchase - we'll just renew with our current venor. It's a shame, since the produc looks promising - but I can't waste my life on admin trying to chase a company that doesn't seem interested in taking my money!

• 2 weeks later...

So, eventually, I got the sales side of things sorted out and am now running the fully licensed version. Despite this being an official release (i.e. non-Beta) it's still an extremely immature product, with lots of small problems and no documentation to speak of. I'm hoping this gets resolved over the next few releases. Reporting in particular is very poor - and the lack of AD integration and inability to set wildcards for scan exclusion is a pain. I'm also having trouble pushing the client out to our non-English speaking offices - I suspect there's an issue with languages that prevents the push install from working.

I am now, more thna ever, firmly of the opinion that there should be an Enterprise forum here. If the product is ever to gain widespread acceptance, there needs to be a community built up around it. This benefits not only the userbase, but also Malwarebytes themselves, as many people will be able to resolve problems via the community instead of having to contact support every time.