How to prevent malwarebytes from popping up windows?

Hi:

Hmmm, well, until the staff arrives....

I have seen this once or twice; I can't recall if they were all 8.1 who got the recent update on Patch Tuesday.

I would suggest: first, try rebooting the system once or twice.

If that doesn't resolve the issue, the next step would be a clean reinstall: MBAM Clean Reinstall Process 2.x

(Please be sure to follow all the steps, especially having your license info handy, disabling Self-Protection before running the mbam-clean tool, and rebooting when prompted.)

Please let us know if that resolves your issue,

daledoc1

Hi:

Well, bummer.

This was supposedly changed with the last update -- see HERE.

So, I'm not certain why it's not working for you.

It would be great if you could take a few moments to run a couple of scans to provide some logs for the staff.

If so, please follow the steps here: Diagnostic Logs.

Then, please post back the logs attached to your next reply.

They will help the staff to see what might be going on.

>>Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing: the main GUI is popping up during a scheduled scan, right?

>>Perhaps a screen shot might help, too.

Thanks for your patience,

daledoc1

Hi:

Well, bummer.

This was supposedly changed with the last update -- see HERE.

So, I'm not certain why it's not working for you.

It would be great if you could take a few moments to run a couple of scans to provide some logs for the staff.

If so, please follow the steps here: Diagnostic Logs.

Then, please post back the logs attached to your next reply.

They will help the staff to see what might be going on.

>>Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing: the main GUI is popping up during a scheduled scan, right?

>>Perhaps a screen shot might help, too.

Thanks for your patience,

daledoc1

That link for Diagnostic Logs does not give me any info on how to produce them.

That link for Diagnostic Logs does not give me any info on how to produce them.

Please follow the instructions here: https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=146024

It looks more complicated than it is.

It's just broken down into small steps.

It might help to print out the instructions to use as you walk through it.

When you run the tools, they produce logs.

For FRST, the 2 logs (FRST.txt and Addition.txt) will be in the same location where you put the FRST exe.

For mbam-check, the log (checkresults.txt) should be on your desktop.

Then, please just attach them to your next reply, as explained in that same pinned topic for which I provided the link above.

Thanks,

daledoc1

• Root Admin

Not seeing an obvious reason but I do see that the computer is experiencing some issues.  Probably best to have the system scanned for possible infection and/or other cleanup.

Error: (04/18/2014 09:37:43 AM) (Source: Application Error) (User: )Description: Faulting application name: POWERPNT.EXE, version: 15.0.4454.1000, time stamp: 0x509a39f9Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000Exception code: 0xc0000005Fault offset: 0x011b92d0Faulting process id: 0x100cFaulting application start time: 0xPOWERPNT.EXE0Faulting application path: POWERPNT.EXE1Faulting module path: POWERPNT.EXE2Report Id: POWERPNT.EXE3Faulting package full name: POWERPNT.EXE4Faulting package-relative application ID: POWERPNT.EXE5Error: (04/17/2014 01:27:28 PM) (Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2) (User: )Description: Cryptographic Services failed while processing the OnIdentity() call in the System Writer Object.Details:AddLegacyDriverFiles: Unable to back up image of binary Microsoft Link-Layer Discovery Protocol.System Error:Access is denied..

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

Thanks

AdvancedSetup did not say you had a virus, he was just suggesting to have the computer checked out to rule out any infections, also in that section they can run more tools to gather better logs to see if they can figure out what's going on, we are not allowed to run such tools in this section of the forum, that is why he would like you to post over in that section....

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

Thanks