Two Malwarebytes Icons by Clock.

I have been trying to fix this problem for quite a few days now. I will get 2 malwarebytes icons by my clock and they have different versions or update info. This is on a windows 8.1 computer. I have ran the clean up program 2 or 3 times right after each other and re-booted after each time to see if I have a double program. Still get this after I re install the program. Would like some help on what to look for or do.

Thanks.

Hello and welcome: :)

A handful of users have also reported this.

Until staff/experts weigh in....

Here are a few things you might try:

First, try a reboot or two (if not already done).

There is a MS Fixit for XP/Vista/7 here; the web page has not yet been specifically updated for 8/8.1, and I have no personal experience with 8, so I am not sure if it will work.

Alternatively, there is a tutorial here that explicitly states it will work for 8 (not sure about 8.1).

One or the other of these has resolved the issue for some users.

If you prefer not to try that or if it doesn't work, then you might want to please follow the directions exactly as shown here:
MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

If that does not correct it, then please read the following and post back the requested logs as attachments to your next reply:
Diagnostic Logs

Please let us know if your issue is resolved.

Thanks,

daledoc1

ALSO, for additional information:
There is an FAQ Section here: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF

This seems to be a problem on computers running windows 8. I also use this program on a windows 7 computer and have had no problems. Seems the MCLEAN and reinstall is used a lot for all problems. I have used it 2 or 3 times to fix the double running icons by clock and still have the problem. The programmers need to look at the window 8 installes to find the problems.

Thanks

The installer is the same for all Windows versions. As for the MBAM-Clean tool being used a lot for problems, yes its being used cause it does the trick, but mainly because some computers do not update from version 1.x to 2.x very well, and running this tool cleans up the mess....