Malwarebyte was not able to load the Anti-Rootkit driver (Error Code: 20026)

Then I suggest that you follow the instructions in this post https://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=146024 and post the logs in this thread, using the More Reply Options --> Browse button (under attach files) --> select the file --> Attach this file button underneath Browse.

Then move the cursor to the end of what you have written, and use the Add to post link at the far right to add it to the post.

One of the staff / helpers will be able to look at the logs and give you advice moving forward.

• Root Admin

That error indicates that your running an encrypted hard drive - my guess is BitLocker and you have our Anti-Rootkit scan enabled.  You will need to disable the Anti-Rootkit scan as we do not support BitLocker encrypted drives as that is a proprietary encryption routine. I'm also not aware of any malware that has broken that and is able to successfully write a rootkit to an encrypted BitLocker drive too without breaking it.

A regular scan is supported.

Thank you

I really have BitLocker even though before your post I had no idea what it is. Hopefully I will not get malware on my PC. By the way, I had no problems with previous version of Malwarebytes. Should I uninstall version 2 and install version 1 instead?

Thank you in advance!

You can leave version 2 installed, just leave the rootkit scanner option off on this system. Reverting back to version 1.7x will not give you the better scanning engine and detection rates of version 2.0, also the web blocker feature is better in version 2.0. Moreover, version 1.7x will eventually no longer be supported and it will stop receiving updates....