Mac

I'm getting a new laptop very soon, I'm wondering how I could go about running Mac Os X on a Windows Laptop, and preferably in a fashion similar to Parallels for Mac where it runs within Windows instead of having to boot that way.

If this is not possible please let me know, and if it is possible but requiring to be booted that way let me know. I've never done something like this with Windows before so I'm not sure if it is indeed possible. Maybe with VMWare?

Linux is not an issue as long as you can find the drivers for your hardware. I know you can dual boot it if you'd like and you can run it in a VM if you wish as well :). Portable Ubuntu works or you could use a VM like VirtualBox to run pretty much any version of Linux inside a VM.

It operates with total separation of the host OS from the guest OS. Your host would be Windows and your guest would be Linux. Linux would run in a window as a separate application. You can only slightly tie them together by sharing a folder or folders between them but that's about it. If you wanted something more seemless like XP-Mode in Windows 7 but with Linux instead of XP then I'm sure something exists, but I'm not sure what it is and it probably costs money.