Receiving RegSetValueEx code 5 error at end of install

Hello,

Haven't run into this before; received this message when trying to install version 1.32:

Error writing to registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce

RegSetValueEx failed; code 5.

Access is denied.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to proceed anyway, or Abort to cancel installation.

I am running Windows XP SP3, IE7 with latest updates. I am logged in with an account which is a Local Administrator (in fact a Domain Administrator). I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling. The installation will finish if I Ignore, but it won't let me connect to get updates. I ran a scan and it is coming up clean. Any ideas?

Thanks, Greg

Thanks, AdvancedSetup.

Dug deeper and figured it out. The writing of the RunOnce key was being blocked by a new version/rule set of McAfee VirusScan. By adding MBAM-SETUP.TMP to the particular rule's exclusions list within McAfee, the problem was resolved. Interestingly, I also had to add MBAM.EXE to another rule's exclusion list so that Internet updates would be allowed.

Greg