Unallocated space after removing "rootkit"

Im using bootmanager "boot-us" and have 2 windows 7 installations on my pc. With "boot us" i could hide partitions for the other OS.

I ran Anti Rootkit and it showed:

Physical Sector #2048 on Drive #0 (Unknown.Rootkit.VBR) -> Replace on reboot.

Master Boot Record on Drive #0 (Unknown.Rootkit.VBR) -> Replace on reboot.

I did it and restarted my pc. Now i can only start one OS but not the other. Windows 7 "Computer Management" only shows 182GB "unallocated space" where the other OS was installed before (see screenshot)

Is it possible to get my data back? Malwarebyted "Anti Malware" and "Anti Rootkit" does not have an option for this. I tried bootrec /fixmbr and /fixboot but it did not work. Also "TestDisk" could also not find the lost partition.....

mbar-log-2013-12-08 (20-11-24).txt

post-152315-0-45058000-1387118557_thumb.

• Staff

Hi asdferwer. Welcome to the forum. I'm glad you were able to resolve the issue, and sorry we missed your original post.

I'd like to request some information from the system, please.

•Please run Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR), but we need to run it a special way. This scan will not remove the detections, if you follow the steps exactly.

Open the \mbar folder, then hold the shift key and right click a blank space in the folder.

•Select "open command window here"

•In the black command prompt box, type in the following and press Enter:

mbar.exe /v

(note - there is a space between mbar.exe and /v)

•MBAR will launch. Update as usual, then click 'Next.

Uncheck "System".

Click Scan.

•If malware is found, do NOT press the Cleanup button when the scan completes. Click EXIT.

Please send me as an attachment, the system-log.txt for review by our developers.