Blue Screen of Death: MBAR 1.07.0.1009 (MBAMSwissArmy.sys)

After installing MBAR 1.07.0.1009 and executing the application, I am able to update the definitions successfully to today's date and then when I start a full scan (all objects selected) it says Initializing and then blue screens my system. (Windows 7 64bit SP1 - Lenovo T430s). Never had this issue with any previous versions of MBAR. Any ideas what changed between 1008 and 1009 that is causing this issue?

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BlueScreen

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode: 3b

BCP1: 00000000C0000005

BCP2: FFFFF8800AD280E0

BCP3: FFFFF8800C6E4E50

BCP4: 0000000000000000

OS Version: 6_1_7601

Service Pack: 1_0

Product: 256_1

• Staff

Hello itzsm00th,

Could you please post the memory dump from this BSOD?  It should be located here:  C:\Windows\MEMORY.dmp

Also, could you please run DDS and attach the 2 logs that are generated from it:  "DDS.txt" and "Attach.txt"

Download DDS from here: dds.scr or here: dds.com and save it to your desktop.

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.
Once downloaded you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Anti-Virus temporarily if needed.
Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool.
Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.
A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

You an use https://www.wetransfer.com/ to send files up to 2 GB for free, just upload it, and then it will automatically give you a download link to paste in here.  However, you might also opt to send the link via PM to Jekko, as it is possible (only speculating, as I've never analyzed a .DMP file myself before) that it could contain personal information, if nothing else, then at least your user name.

HTH

• 2 weeks later...