Error: This version of Malwarebytes Anti-rootkit requires you to completely exit the Malwarebytes Anit-Malware application to continue.

I didn't see this particular error listed here in the forums yet so, here it is. When I try to run Malware Bytes Anti- Rootkit 1.07.0.1009, I receive the following error:

"An error has occured: Scan Failed!"

...with a secondary popup error window of:

"Error - This version of Malwarebytes Anti-rootkit requires you to completely exit the Malwarebytes Anit-Malware application to continue."

The problem is, I don't have any Malwarebytes software running accept Anti-Rootkit... so there is nothing to stop.

I have checked:

• Task manager: No MB Application, Processes, or Service
  • C:/Windows/Programs: No old software files

Still working on the problem. I am going to try to boot into Safe Mode and see if that works.  :huh:

• Staff

Hi CRinWP, welcome to the forums.

If the issue persists, I'd like to gather a couple of analysis logs.

Please download our diagnostic tool, mbam-check.exe to your desktop from this link.

http://downloads.malwarebytes.org/file/mbam_check

Double-click it to run it. The log which opens will be saved to your desktop as CheckResults.txt. Please attach this log to your next reply.

Next...Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/dds.scr

Double click dds.scr to run the tool.

• When done, DDS will save two (2) logs to your desktop.

1. DDS.txt

2. Attach.txt

• Attach both in reply.

You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file and just attach it to your reply.

Also, please send as an attachment, the system-log.txt which is located in the mbar folder which should be on your desktop