scanning an individual file without using right windows explorer right click

Hello,

I have read the help on using the command line parameters but did not see an answer to my query.

Currently I am unable to use the scan of an individual file using the Windows explorer right click option because when I do so I receive the error: Windows Explorer has stopped working.

I have researched finding a solution to the "Window Explorer has stopped working" error without succes after trying various suggested solutions and I am still looking for a resolution to that problem.

Until I have fixed that problem I would still like to be able to scan an individual file using Malwarebytes but I haven't found an answer.

Is there a way to scan an individual file other than using the Window explorer right click drop down selection feature?

Many thanks for your helpful response.

Gordon Sabaduquia

Edited by AdvancedSetup
email address removed

• Root Admin

No the command line does not support scanning a single file.

I would suggest following the advice from the topic here Available Assistance for Possibly Infected Computers and having one of the Experts assist you with looking into your issue.

After scanning and cleaning it may also possibly fix your Explorer issue.