Malware Removal Attempt #2: The Reckoning

Knights of M.Bytes,

I humbly request your consideration as I secure the machines that have until recently been under the exiguous care of my predecessor; Every device was running bare bones internet explorer(although I have heard many proclaim the redemption of MS's competence in the browser realm) and an inconsistent smattering of redundant antivirus', with no two machines running the same brand. As I assuage the chaos and foment a new zen in my jurisdiction I will post my inital malwarebytes .txt dymp here.

I found this forum via google queries in the past month pertaining to specific species of malware. The user "Gringo" has proven to be a suitable search term since I have benefitted from his expertise several times with issues on my non-work projects.

It would appear that this first computer http://i.imgur.com/kpCcmud.jpg was host to at least two malicious objects (which is an improvement from 30+ last time around) and as soon as

malwarebytes:anti-malware(fullscan) detected these two elements I recieved a pop up notification from my antivirus (Comodo Antivirus) indicating that it too had coincidentally noticed two malicious objects. I didn't really hesitate to select the "take care of it" button on the Comodo alert.

Out of habit I was concurrently running an instance of Malwarebytes:Anti-Rootkit. It completed its scan shortly after I instructed Comodo to purge the offending objects and announced that there was no malware detected.

at any rate here is the Malwarebytes log

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.75.0.1300
www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: v2013.06.20.08

Windows 7 Service Pack 1 x64 NTFS
Internet Explorer 10.0.9200.16618
Apex :: APEX-I3-02 [administrator]

6/20/2013 2:41:00 PM
MBAM-log-2013-06-20 (15-29-34).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|Q:\|)
Scan options enabled: Memory | Startup | Registry | File System | Heuristics/Extra | Heuristics/Shuriken | PUP | PUM
Scan options disabled: P2P
Objects scanned: 347355
Time elapsed: 48 minute(s), 15 second(s)

Memory Processes Detected: 0
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Detected: 0

Registry Keys Detected: 1
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PDFPerformer (PUP.BundleInstaller.IB) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Detected: 0

Registry Data Items Detected: 0

Folders Detected: 0

Files Detected: 1
C:\Program Files (x86)\Uninstall Information\Ib\34\3701\ib_uninstall.exe (PUP.BundleInstaller.IB) -> No action taken.

(end)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Following this scan I opted to strike the "Remove Selected" button (MalwareBytes:Anit-Malware), and I shall agree to restart my computer remove the active threats as soon as I have succesfully posted this message.

Although I appear to have removed everything that is what I thought the first time around, hence; this thread.

Thank you for your time

-R.E.M.

• Root Admin

Please have it remove and reboot. Then run the following.

Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit from HERE

• Unzip the contents to a folder in a convenient location.
  • Open the folder where the contents were unzipped and run mbar.exe
  • Follow the instructions in the wizard to update and allow the program to scan your computer for threats.
  • Click on the Cleanup button to remove any threats and reboot if prompted to do so.
  • Wait while the system shuts down and the cleanup process is performed.
  • Perform another scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Rootkit to verify that no threats remain. If they do, then click Cleanup once more and repeat the process.
  • When done, please post the two logs produced they will be in the MBAR folder... mbar-log.txt and system-log.txt

• 2 weeks later...
  • Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!