MBAM Chameleon DOS Window

Hi Delty,

Thanks for quick response. I will not be able to run the script/program until tomorrow (Thursday) on the problem computer as it is at a remote location and I am only there a few days a week. I will post the info asap.

Thanks for the advise, however, the original post which I didn't make clear I guess was about the DOS window that installs Malwarebytes using the Chameleon interface. I want to stop Chameleon from using a DOS window to attempt to install, update and scan the computer.

I used the MBam Chameleon screensaver in Chameleon to get Malwarebytes installed, updated and scan the computer to remove the trojan/virus and it worked. Now, randomly, the DOS interface (same program is initially used to install Malwarebytes using Chameleon Screensaver) for Chameleon pops up and attempts to run with msg: "Press any key to continue".

I will address the others problems on the computer but want to stop Chameleon from opening a user uncommanded DOS window.

Thanks for any help with this.

You chose the 'Install' option for the mbam-chameleon.scr file instead of just double-clicking it to run it, so it's now set as your screensaver. That's why you're seeing this. You need to remove it. It's most likely located under C:\Windows or C:\Windows\System32.

If you cannot find it there, simply change your screensaver via the instructions located here and that should resolve it.