Error Code 732 last two days

Last two days I have been getting an error code 732, can't connect to the internet check your connection.

my connection is fine. i am posting in this forum with the same connection. I just again and same error. :)

ps the forum software will not let people search for error codes :)

The error returned was:

One or all of your search keywords were below 4 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

• Root Admin

Well that error indicates that it basically timed out waiting to connect. It could be Malware or it could be as explained in my other post.

If you think you're infected and being blocked you typically can not get to many or any of the security sites with IE/FF

We can do scans of the system if you like, but you should first try the information posted in the other link.

I am also having this same issue. I have allowed the files access through the firewall and anti-virus. This has happened since updating to 1.38.

It is not in the wireless router and it is not related to malware. All scans for malware are clean. My desktop has no problem updating on the same router. I am running Vista Business 32 SP2, Avira Anti-Vir, Threatfire, A-Squared, Windows Firewall.

I even tried disabling the firewall and all anti-virus programs. It worked this morning prior to the update to the new version.

I am also having this same issue. I have allowed the files access through the firewall and anti-virus. This has happened since updating to 1.38.

It is not in the wireless router and it is not related to malware. All scans for malware are clean. My desktop has no problem updating on the same router. I am running Vista Business 32 SP2, Avira Anti-Vir, Threatfire, A-Squared, Windows Firewall.

I even tried disabling the firewall and all anti-virus programs. It worked this morning prior to the update to the new version.

I also added the referenced exceptions in the anti-malware programs and firewall per the instructions the are noted in the link. Today, I uninstalled version 1.38 and then installed 1.36 and it updated correctly. However, it auto downloaded and installed version 1.38 and it does not update again! Error code 732 (0,0)

I also added the referenced exceptions in the anti-malware programs and firewall per the instructions the are noted in the link. Today, I uninstalled version 1.38 and then installed 1.36 and it updated correctly. However, it auto downloaded and installed version 1.38 and it does not update again! Error code 732 (0,0)

I am having no problems with the browsers being highjacked-IE, Opera, Firefox. I checked IE and it is not working offline. I can update any other anti-virus and anti-malware program.

I am having no problems with the browsers being highjacked-IE, Opera, Firefox. I checked IE and it is not working offline. I can update any other anti-virus and anti-malware program.

I determined the problem: had to change the connection setting in Internet Options>Connections>Lan Settings>Auto Detect Settings (checked)

Did the same in Firefox. It updates now.

Well that error indicates that it basically timed out waiting to connect. It could be Malware or it could be as explained in my other post.

If you think you're infected and being blocked you typically can not get to many or any of the security sites with IE/FF

We can do scans of the system if you like, but you should first try the information posted in the other link.

Yeah the other link didn't help unfortunately. Not sure what scans are but go ahead.

Do you have 1.36 available for download?

@ csanfrancibs

Lets see if we can get you fixed up

Scan and post logs - read note at bottom in green

If you're having Malware related issues with your computer that you're unable to resolve.

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?
  2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs
  3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.
  • Please do not post any logs in the General forum. We do not work on any logs posted in the General forum.
  • Please do not install any software or use any removal/scanning tool except for those you're requested to run by the Helper that will assist you.
  • Using these other tools often makes the cleanup task more difficult and time consuming.
  • If you have already submitted for assistance at one of the other support sites on the Internet then you should not post a new log here, you should stay working with the Helper from that site until the issue is resolved.
  • Do not assume you're clean because you don't see something in the logs. Please wait until the person assisting you provides feedback.
  • There are often many others that require asistance as well, so please be patient. If no one has responded within 48 hours then please go ahead and post a request for review
  • NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.

I was, and still am getting the error messages on a computer with XP. The computer I am writing on now, with Vista, has just started to have the same problem. The difference is...updating to version 1.38 had gone well until this morning. During this morning's update, it got halfway through the update, and then the (732,0,0) error message popped up. It happened again just a few minutes ago. My connection and settings are fine or I would not be able to write and send this message. Any solutions in sight? I really don't think this is our (the users in question) fault.

Been there and done all that. I must say that some change you made to the program created conflicts that cause MBAM to display this error message. I have nothing else to check because my firewall allows MBAM, and I can't see where Avast would block it. It might one of the following that is blocking but there is no way for me to tell:

SAS

Windows Defender

Spybot S&D with its Hosts File and SD Helper, but not Tea Timer

Spyware Blaster

A Squared Antimalware

And for good measure, Scotty guarding the gate...WinPatrol!

I probably have too much stuff on here. Hoping a solution can be found soon.

Hi Do you have all these files below in the Trusted area of your Firewall & AV software?

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref (Windows 2000/XP)

C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref (Windows Vista)

Please look & reply back

I determined the problem: had to change the connection setting in Internet Options>Connections>Lan Settings>Auto Detect Settings (checked)

Did the same in Firefox. It updates now.

I was having the same problem. I have Avira Personal anti-virus program as well and as soon as I updated to the new Malware version I could never update. This suggestion above worked and I thank you very much for solving a very frustrating problem.

Ray

Please check if anyone of you has a proxy server being set and temporary disable it (in case you have set it) and try again.

Thanks everyone.

I think I stumbled on this as the solution also. Malwarebytes is downloading updates now. :P

I recently installed ie7 but could not connect with it. Opera and firefox could.

I did this:

Internet Connection Settings--If you notice a problem connecting to websites, it might be because the upgrade to Internet Explorer 7 changed your Internet connection settings from what they were set at in Internet Explorer 6. To work around the problem, follow these steps:

Open Internet Explorer, click the Tools button, and then click Internet Options.

Click the Connections tab.

Click the first entry in the Dialup and Virtual Private Networks list, and then click Settings.

Select the Automatically detect settings check box, and then click OK.

Repeat the previous two steps for each entry in the Dialup and Virtual Private Networks list.

Click the Lan Settings button in the Connections tab, and repeat steps 4-6. Click OK on the Connections tab.

Close Internet Explorer, and then restart it.

from here

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740486.aspx

Hi'

I followed forum advice on the Internet Connection tips (re: auto-detect settings, disabling proxy servers

and LAN settings) and restarted firefox to no avail. What did it for me is I cleared Avira Premium's Webguard

exceptions list of all exceptions together with Comodo Firewall trusted programs settings. Then I repeated the forums

tips. I re-included again http:\\malwarebytes.org\ in Avira Premium WebGuard's exception list and mbam.exe in Comodo Firewall trusted programs settings and after a week of problems I was able to update mbam 1.38. AT LAST!!! :P

Thanks for the assistance and hope this can also help someone here. :P

voltron :D

• Root Admin

I'm pretty sure it was Comodo doing the blocking. I've used both 8.x and 9.x of Avira and neither one of them stop MBAM from running for me. Comodo has different versions some are just the firewall and some are AV and some are AV+Firewall. More than likely the firewall was the one doing the blocking.

Connecting with Firefox here and still getting that message. Updates are working fine on our XP PC that is wireless, this one is wired and Vista and getting the 732 (0,0) time out error. I know I have some viruses on this PC and need to get rid of them. Could that be why I am not able to connect? If that's the case, will I have to find something else to clear the viruses out since I cannot update the program?

I'm pretty sure it was Comodo doing the blocking. I've used both 8.x and 9.x of Avira and neither one of them stop MBAM from running for me. Comodo has different versions some are just the firewall and some are AV and some are AV+Firewall. More than likely the firewall was the one doing the blocking.

Yes I do have a feeling that its Comodo. I'm using Comodo Firewall Pro ver 3.0.25.378. I previously was using the new CIS version 3.9.xx.xxx but it kinda hogged my system and was causing problems with my SASpy free version so I change it to an old version. Is there a seeting that should be done further? I believe that including mbam.exe in the "trusted application" is enough. Maybe you ca help me set it up. Asking the tech guys from Comodo gave me a headache last time I used ver 3.9.xx.xxx.

Maybe you can recommend an alternative free firewall I can use which has HIPS other than Zone Alarm free. Is Online Armor free okay with MBAM? Are there any issues with Online Armor free in the past?

As of this writing I am enjoying successful updates and I hope the other guys find help here in the forums like me.

Thanks! :P

voltron :P