I've read some HJT logs and a few other posts (can't remember exactly what) and I remember seeing Admins and other helpers tell users to not visit lyric sites since they can contain malware and whatnot.

What is meant by lyric websites?

Websites that have the lyrics to songs on them? one site I used to use alot is azlyrics . com (or something similar to that, can't remember the exact address) and then I've come across some other random lyric sites that' I've used.

Or is it something else entirely unrelated to song lyrics?

Hmm okay, thanks. I'll have to tell my significant other that too. I think he looks for lyrics, or at least used to.

That is just nasty. Wow. What is this world coming to?

Guess I'll just stick with the official website of the band and/or the lyric booklet that comes with my CD. No malware in the booklet :D

@ Alex_computer

haha!! I've actually found a book worm or two before in a book. gross and disgusting, not to mention they make a hole in your book :D blech. I dind't know they were real until that happened, I always thought that it was made up because people are always using the term "book worm" for people that read alot, you know?

I know. I SEVERELY limit what I do online now, whereas before I used to surf around and look up information and what not.

Thankfully, we have Malwarebytes on our side and other great companies such as Kaspersky etc... :)

I havent encountered a book worm yet.

Have you seen the RogueNet part of this forum. I was looking at some of the posts and that they were submitting the files to Virus Total and some detectors were detecting malware. I noticed that Kaspersky wasn't detecting some of them when they submitted the file to Virustotal. I was thinking that maybe I should give Kaspersky a hand and submit the files to them also so that they can add the signatures. What do you think?

@ Alex_computer

Good! They are nasty, but less nasty than computer worms :D

Yeah I have seen that forum. I haven't clicked on any links or anything though, just in case.

Hmm. I am not sure about the Kaspersky question you asked me. I am not very knowledgeable about these things, at least not yet, and I haven't used Kaspersky (yet anyway). Maybe ask Exile360 what he thinks? He uses Kaspersky :)

Sorry I didnt make it clear enough :D. What I meant was the files that are in RogueNet, they have Malware. And in some of the scans Kaspersky didnt pick up anything. Do you think it would be wise of me to send the file to them to let them know of it so then Kaspersky would detect it?

Never heard of it. Is it pretty good??

I think so, I have found nearly everything I have wanted on that one site, plus it has a forum and a chat room which although I have never gone in or reg'd with them, it give me piece of mind that its a good place.

Yeah, you could go ahead and do that, no harm in submitting it :) I don't know much about that process at all though (sending a file to Kaspersky and other detection sites) so I'm not really the person to ask, but, go ahead I'd say.

Sorry I didnt make it clear enough :D. What I meant was the files that are in RogueNet, they have Malware. And in some of the scans Kaspersky didnt pick up anything. Do you think it would be wise of me to send the file to them to let them know of it so then Kaspersky would detect it?