***False positive Trojan.Downloader.ED***

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOW DO YOU DO THIS IF YOU CANNOT ACCESS THE INTERNET IN SAFE MODE?

Did you try Safe Mode with Networking? If you did and were still unable to access the internet then you'll need to download the fix from another computer and transfer it over to the affected system using some external media such as a USB flash drive, burnable CD/DVD or external hard drive.

Just need to know about items left in quarantine....do they matter after a Windows System Restore? Why doesn't Restore All work???

Restore All works, but sometimes there are duplicate backup copies created in quarantine. Since the files have already been restored, these backup files cannot be restored and will remain in quarantine until deleted.

Restore is working in terms of the actual files being placed back where they came from - but b/c of the sheer volume of FPs that that file cause the program seems to have 'ghost' entries, or as a moderator put it, duplicates.

Check for any of those files in their actual locations and you'll see that they are back where they belong. Once you do that you can just delete the quarantine entry

We have followed the suggestions above. We have been able to release some files from the quarantine, but many files are not able to be released. We click on the release all button, the screen refreshes, and the files remain in the quarantien.

Somehow we need to redploy the missing files.

It would be helpful if we could script out the current encrypted quarantine to a readable list so we can determine which files to recover from a master image, and automate from there.

Well I got hit and my win7 desktop is hosed. I could not start Malwarebytes UI from the tray so I restarted the system. System Restore fixed some things. But after that Windows Update failed, SFC failed, system was pathetically slow. So I am in the process of restoring my system from a disk image. Very bad indeed!