618K Memory used as Process...

awwww you didn't have to that 3468 update just for me to test!!

did the uninstall/reinstall/run as admin/turn off av + the requisite 3 x reboots etc..

final reboot after updates and protection turn on ='d 36,232

then you did the 3468 just for me I know - so I updated and now you're messing with my head - it's, I hate to say it, 54,700 as before...

Cook me up a 3469 on whole wheat pls.!

But, 54,700's ok right? we needs wait for a couple more - correct? thanks.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for testing :) . Yes, just one or two more updates without a reboot to confirm the behavior should be enough. After that, please report the memory usage here and I'll let the developer of the Protection Module know what's going on. He'll likely ask you to assist him in debugging the issue on your system if you're willing, that way he can determine the exact cause and hopefully get it fixed for yourself and anyone else still suffering from this problem.

My goodness, you people should give some lessons to Adobe, Microsoft, HP, Dell, Qwest, Charter, the Banks etc..

It's so refreshing to speak with a company who not only don't preface by saying: "..I'm sorry, our computers are so slow today that..." - you'll have to wait another 1/2 hour! but also actually knows of what they speak.

Yes indeed, the high quality & timely technical support offered by Malwarebytes.org is peppered with accuracy, eloquence and humour. Like demonstrations in Iran, I thought that kind of technical assistance was banned and illegal!!

Thank you. Unrequited, you will have a stunning (well, glowing anyway) review on 2 of my websites.

(and no, I'm not trying to reach my half-century quicker!)

I'm not really part of the staff here, just a somewhat knowledgeable user :) . I know a bit about MBAM and try to help out where I can. I appreciate your comments though, and I'm certain the company does as well, so thanks :) .

Please keep me posted.

thank you for your professional guidance, concern and accuracy leading to resolution. all looks good now.

Final Reboot after re-install...

00:30

ver. 3467

man. up. 3467-3468

06:00 auto scan

11:55

man. up 3468-3470

17:17

man. up 3470-3471

23:11

man. up 3471-3475

's good!

Excellent, it appears to have stabilized nicely :) . There will be minor variances when an update is performed due to differing sizes in the database, but it should never escalate the way it had previously, basically doubling in size after each update.

Thanks for testing and thanks for keeping me informed :) .

Excellent, it appears to have stabilized nicely :) . There will be minor variances when an update is performed due to differing sizes in the database, but it should never escalate the way it had previously, basically doubling in size after each update.

"The heights by great men reached and

kept, were not attained by sudden

flight, but they, while their companions

slept, were toiling upward in the night."

- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

:)

Excellent, it appears to have stabilized nicely :welcome: . There will be minor variances when an update is performed due to differing sizes in the database, but it should never escalate the way it had previously, basically doubling in size after each update.

Still eating too much memory here.

I did the uninstall/reboot/mbam-clean/reboot/reinstall (1.43) and did several updates since yesterday.

Mbamservice is eating about 80MB of RAM and about 90MB of Virtual Memory right now.

IP Protection is ON, as well as real-time protection.

AV: Avira premium 9 with only the guard active.

FW: PrivateFirewall 7

Windows XP Pro SP3 running on an old P3-1000 with 512MB RAM.

Thanks in advance!

Yeah, I just uninstalled, ran the cleaner and reinstalled and am having the same memory balloon issues. This has only started happening recently too, never did this before.

Installed initially it consumed around 50 megs mem/vm and then after a manual update, went to 60 megs. Now after surfing the web for a few hours, they're both at 100 megs.

Running Windows XP SP3 with Pentium D/3.00 Ghz with 2 Gb of memory.

Please exclude the following files from your antivirus:

For Windows XP:

• C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\zlib.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.dll
  • C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll
  • C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys
  • C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

Note: If using a software firewall besides the built in Windows Firewall you'll need to exclude them from it as well

Please let me know if that corrects the issues you're having or not.

Yeah, I just uninstalled, ran the cleaner and reinstalled and am having the same memory balloon issues. This has only started happening recently too, never did this before.

Installed initially it consumed around 50 megs mem/vm and then after a manual update, went to 60 megs. Now after surfing the web for a few hours, they're both at 100 megs.

Running Windows XP SP3 with Pentium D/3.00 Ghz with 2 Gb of memory.

I woke up this morning and the memory had gone to 144 megs.

Now applying the exclusions to my antivirus, will let you know how it goes.

Still same problem after adding the exclusions in the AV.

For those wondering about my software choices, I even removed PrivateFirewall 7 and re-enabled XP's FW, and disabled the AV completely, and still have the same problem with MBAM's service memory consumption.

The problem gets worse after an update.

I woke up this morning and the memory had gone to 144 megs.

Now applying the exclusions to my antivirus, will let you know how it goes.

Nope, didn't resolve the problem. Started at around 50 megs after restart and now a few hours later it's up to 81 megs. This is after HOURS not days even.

Hello everyone :welcome:

For each of you having this issue please do the following to see if it resolves it and let me know the results:

1. Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  2. Reboot your computer (this is critical)
  3. Navigate to C:\Program Files and look for a folder called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  4. If the folder Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware still exists DELETE IT
  5. Restart your computer again
  6. Reinstall Malwarebytes' and test to see if you're still encountering the problem

Please let me know if this works or not. If it doesn't then please email the helpdesk at support@malwarebytes.org and they will assist you with further troubleshooting and corrective measures to fix the issue.

exile360,

Done. I used mbam-clean and Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder was deleted too.

All steps was followed correctly.

The process mbamservice.exe here without Realtime Protection Module actived started with 2,924 MB

When i started the module more ip protection up to 39,854 MB

I restarted at 4:14 am

Now 30 minutes later is 42.512 MB. No updates.

I'll monitor the values every 2 hours then ill post after complete 24 hours.

Regards,

Marco

For each of you having this issue please do the following to see if it resolves it and let me know the results:

3. Navigate to C:\Program Files and look for a folder called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  6. Reinstall Malwarebytes' and test to see if you're still encountering the problem

Please let me know if this works or not. If it doesn't then please email the helpdesk at support@malwarebytes.org and they will assist you with further troubleshooting and corrective measures to fix the issue.

Did that before. (see post http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.p...t&p=178677)

I did send an email to support a few days ago, but the person at the other end sent me here...

Thanks again,

Fran

I've done all that too, and the folder under Program Files was not there before I did the reinstall. I had run the cleaner and rebooted multiple times.

Now, this morning I checked the computer after not having been on it all night, and the process is up to 143 megs.

Almost 12 hours after last reboot when Realtime Protection Module was actived with 39,854 MB of memory consumption, mbamservice.exe is consuming 68,288MB and gradually up.

Each database update up more aprox. 4,500 MB.

The balance in the end of 24 hours perhaps aprox. +100,000MB.

I sent an email to support but im thinking disable Realtime Protection Module and wait for new version and new improvements.

Marco.

I think this problem is one in the same as what's causing some to see error codes 2 and 1073.

I have a newer machine with tons of memory and the mbamservice is using 305,000K and continually climbing, but it otherwise working...

Another older machine, the protection module keeps disabling itself along with the errors 2 and 1073

Both of these systems only started having issues with update 1.43, and didn't have issues with 1.42 (I continually monitor task manager, and noticed this immediately).

I have been reading about all the issues others have been having for a few days, and the solutions to try, but it doesn't seem to have fixed anything for any of us.

I think this problem is one in the same as what's causing some to see error codes 2 and 1073.

I have a newer machine with tons of memory and the mbamservice is using 305,000K and continually climbing, but it otherwise working...

Another older machine, the protection module keeps disabling itself along with the errors 2 and 1073

Both of these systems only started having issues with update 1.43, and didn't have issues with 1.42 (I continually monitor task manager, and noticed this immediately).

I have been reading about all the issues others have been having for a few days, and the solutions to try, but it doesn't seem to have fixed anything for any of us.

I agree with you NissanPower, the version 1.42 was better than 1.43 about ram consumption here.