Can't update with version 1.45 MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12150, 0, WinHttpQueryHeaders)

Hi,

I have the 1.46 Beta, and it's having problems updating with Vipre Premium. Excuse me if this was already posted, but there's 9 pages in here. I have XP Professional, and DSL Cable.

I hope this helps -

For those using VIPRE PREMIUM and having problems with V1.46 updating, here is one fix.

• Open VIPRE
  • Click Web Filter Settings
  • Click Allowed Web Sites
  • Add "data-cdn.mbamupdates.com" (without the quotes)
  • click OK
  • Close VIPRE

Now MBAM V1.46 should update normally.

A picture of VIPRE To assist you -

Thank you - :)

Edit -

@ ToubabTranquille - Please try this also -

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was running Norton Internet Security 2010 with the Parental Controls Addon pack installed and ran into this error.

After several workarounds, what seems to have worked is going to NIS, and disabling Parental Controls.

This is the part that allows/blocks websites. Even though it was running in Unrestricted mode (supposedly not blocking anything), I had to disable this part of NIS to get MBAM to update. (see attached screen)

Hope this helps

post-47304-1279932666_thumb.jpg

I was running Norton Internet Security 2010 with the Parental Controls Addon pack installed and ran into this error.

After several workarounds, what seems to have worked is going to NIS, and disabling Parental Controls.

This is the part that allows/blocks websites. Even though it was running in Unrestricted mode (supposedly not blocking anything), I had to disable this part of NIS to get MBAM to update. (see attached screen)

Hope this helps

Yes ... I have found that to be a solution. It would, however, be nice if either Norton or Malwarebytes would resolve this issue in a more streamlined fashion. It seems a common issue.

Thank you for that barlie - This has been the general idea we put to most users with problems - The shot will be used as an example as required -

The problem, that MBAM cannot be updated, results from a bug in the Norton add on pack and has nothing to do with MBAM itself.

Therefore a symantec patch for the AOP is needed

This is the reply I was given on the Symantec Forum (I am a member there also) -

I was trying to help a user to update MBAM there at the time -

Norton/Symantec insisted they still had a problem with some versions and were still working on a patch at their end -

Thank You -