Version 1.29

I used revo uninstaller and removed all traces then reinstalled and fingers crossed all seems to be working again

however it is not showing in my sys tray

I do hope, that the uninstalling function, provided by MalwareBytes, is able to uninstall MBAM correctly, so I used the MB-uninstaller. If I'm wrong I wouldn't understand the world any longer :)

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The same errors. Unable to start resident protection on 1.29, also unable to schedule checking updates.

fr8hua9s.png dawzkbog.png yz256458.png

I tried fully uninstall previous version 1.28, made a lot of reboots, clean registry, made installation of 1.29 MBAM, but I am unable to run resident protection.

I found, that MBAMService is being registered, after hitting Start Protection button, but that service is unable to run, regardles many reboots.

My OS is Windows XP English with SP3 - 32bit, my AV is McAfee Viruscan 8.7i Enterprise + Anti-Spyware module.

I made also installation of 1.29 with McAfee fully uninstalled, to be sure, there is no problem in Viruscan, but my problem with MBAM remains.

I have a registered version of MBAM

thank for any help.

regards

P

All went well with installing v1.29.

I'm happy to report that the Code 5 error still has not reappeared.

Regarding the Latest News: A reinstall is strongly suggested... and the confusion it has caused some of us, why not change it a bit to read:

If you haven't done so already, a reinstall is strongly suggested

• Root Admin

Hi BlackMirror, long time

You can look at the following Registry Key and I'm sure it will say your CPU is in the x86 family which means it is running a 32 Bit OS

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment

PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE

You can also type SET from a Command Prompt and it will tell you that too.

Hi BlackMirror, long time

You can look at the following Registry Key and I'm sure it will say your CPU is in the x86 family which means it is running a 32 Bit OS

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment

PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE

You can also type SET from a Command Prompt and it will tell you that too.

yes it does

x86

I uninstalled and reinstalled for the 5th time and hey presto it seems to be working

thanks for your help

Nice to see you as well :)

edit until i restarted and then the errors are back again

Hello,

When launching MBAM 1.28 and decided to check for update, I saw the informaiton message saying that it is strongly recommended to reinstall completely MBAM 1.29. However, I only use the scanner (not the real time module) so I decided to let MBAM update wizard to do its job... In fact, as for other previous update, no uninstallation were performed, just an install over previous release (e.g. 1.28).

Everything seems to be OK.

My question is : why it is suggest to complete reinstall MBAM ? Is it some risk left, after only having installed 1.29 over 1.28 ?

Regards

Most of these issues should be resolved in a new version, to be released later today. Thank you for your patience as we work the kinks out of the new system. I assure you: the new version is much better under the hood, and when all is said and done I think you will be pleased. :)

Specifically: anyone having the [shell_NotifyIcon] or [CreateService] problems, please wait for the new version.

Everything is okay, except I now have the following entry in my startup list.

Why is this here and can/should I delete it?

It is in the "RunOnce" key, which means it will run once on next reboot, to complete installation, and then will remove itself automatically. Please leave it alone! :)