Help Please! MBAM closes while scanning!

Hi,

I hope someone can help me out. I'm not the best with CPUs, so please feel free to give simple instructions. :)

MBAM closes itself just a few seconds after it begins to scan. I recently installed Trend Micro Internet Security because it came with my new router. I've tried scanning with it, but it comes up with nothing and something is definitely infected. Please help if you can. :(

Thanks, Kate

Welcome to the forum! I also have Trend Micro IS. See this thread, http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=17605 Post back with any questions, I or someone else will try to get you going.

You have to configure Trend Micro to accept 3-4 files. You can't just click on Allow (but do it anyway) when the Trend Micro box pops up... keep us posted, any questions, post them, while I look for the files that Trend has to Trust

Edit: The files that need to go into Trend Micro, in the AV & Firewall of the program:

files you need your AV/Firewall for mbam to trust

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbam.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamgui.exe

C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamservice.exe

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref (Windows 2000/XP)

Follow the above link & report back here and let us know how it went please....

I can't find where my drivers are. I was able to add mbam.exe, mbamgui.exe, mbamservice.exe, mbam-dor.exe.

But not C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbamswissarmy.sys, C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\mbam.sys, or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\rules.ref .

Where are they?

The sys files, or drivers go into the tab on Trend Micro Internet security,

Click on Personal firewall Controlls,

then click on Settings

then click on Advanced Settings

Then click on Program Control on the tabs above

click on add

Click on Browse C:\windows\system32\drivers

In the above you will see mbam.sys & mbamswissarmy.sys

keep me posted -- after you enter everything, you may have to re-boot the pc?