Database Version Update no longer automatic

With version 1, Malwarebytes used to update the data base engine automatically in the background. With Version 2, I am constantly being prompted to update the database engine.  Is there a way of getting Malwarebytes to just update without my needing to answer a prompt.  I am running Malwarebytes on a Windows 8.1 pc.

Hi:

With version 1, Malwarebytes used to update the data base engine automatically in the background. With Version 2, I am constantly being prompted to update the database engine.  Is there a way of getting Malwarebytes to just update without my needing to answer a prompt.  I am running Malwarebytes on a Windows 8.1 pc.

>>First, check your system date and time to be sure they are correct.  There have been a few reports of this causing updating issues.

>> Then, please make sure you have in fact scheduled update checks in "Automated Scheduling" -- HOURLY is more than sufficient for most systems.  Real-time update checks every 3-5 minutes are not really necessary or recommended, as there are only usually only 10-12 database updates per day. It places excessive load on the update servers to check every few minutes.  There is no need to check 480 times a day for 10-12 updates, but it's up to you.

NOTE: scheduled hourly update checks will be randomized +/- 15 minutes of the scheduled time -- this is normal.

>>Also, please make sure that your antivirus and firewall are allowing the update checks (sometimes the new version is recognized as a new program and can be blocked).
Note:  Please make sure that if either of those programs has any sort of web filter, that you add the following as a trusted site:

data-cdn.mbamupdates.com

>>Then, try a reboot or two (if not already done).

If still a "no go", please follow the directions exactly as shown here:
MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

If that still does not correct it, then please read the following and post back the requested logs as attachments to your next reply:
Diagnostic Logs

Thanks,

daledoc1

P.S. As you inadvertently posted here in the MBAE beta forum section, the mod team will likely move this post to the MBAM support section here.  No worries.