License query

My sister uses MBAM PRO (fully licensed) on her laptop and has recently purchased a new laptop. If we were to uninstall MBAM Pro on what is now her old laptop and install MBAM Pro on her new laptop, will MBAM allow us to use the license number from the old system on the new system--is the license transferable?

Thank you!

Terrie

Hello and welcome:

Yes, the consumer license is transferable.

Rather than just uninstalling, though, you'll want to use the mbam-clean utility to remove all traces (including license info) from the old system:

How do I transfer a licensed Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO to my new computer?

Be sure to have your license ID and key handy before you uninstall from the old rig, as you'll need that info to activate the PRO features on the new one.

Let us know if you need help locating that info.

HTH,

daledoc1

>>spam hunters: Yes, the consumer license is transferable.

Thank you very much for the quick reply and the answer! I figured the license was transferable but wanted to make sure...'-}}

>>Rather than just uninstalling, though, you'll want to use the mbam-clean utility to remove all traces (including license info) from the old system:

Thanks for this and the link also. I usually use RevoUninstaller to uninstall stuff which (generally) gets all those left over bits and pieces but I'll run mbam-clean for this. Fortunately, I made my sister print out the license info when she bought MBAM Pro so we do have the license data...'-}}

Terrie

Hi, tlb1:

No need to use Revo -- just use the mbam-clean utility. :)

It sounds as if you are all set on the license ID and key. :)

For the record and for anyone else who might read this topic, though,

• if you purchased online, the info will be in an email sent by the reseller, cleverbridge. Contact info for them is here: Why is my payment processed by Cleverbridge?
  • If you purchased a boxed CD, the info will be somewhere inside (e.g. CD sleeve).
  • And, it can also be located on the "old" system prior to uninstalling. You can also look up your ID and Key from the Registry and copy and paste it to a Notepad document before running the mbam-clean utility, as explained further >>HERE<<.

Let us know if you need anything else!

daledoc1

PS No problem about editing the post -- you'll get the ability to do that when you have 50 posts. ;)

Thank you for the additional info. I'd forgotten about the confirmation email, we'll look for that...'-}}

>>daledoc1: PS No problem about editing the post -- you'll get the ability to do that when you have 50 posts.

Ahhh...thanks! I kept thinking I was looking in the wrong place for the option. I certainly understand about why there are qualifiers on being able to edit one's posts (I sysop on another forum) but 50 is quite a bit higher than I've found on other forums however, given spammers and other nasties, better safe than sorry...'-}}

Terrie