Scheduled automatic update on MBAM Pro 1.65.0.1400 does not run

Running MBAM Pro 1.65.0.1400 (paid) on Windows 7 Pro x64 with SP1.

Set scheduled automatic update to hourly, but the scheduled update never ran at all (protection module loaded just fine at startup). Since I set MBAM to notify me if the definition is outdated by 1 day, that's how I found out it wasn't updating.

When I opened MBAM and forced a manual update, it downloaded the definition updates just fine.

Was able to ping 93.184.215.73 continuously just fine (around 15 ms average). No problem from traceroute, got there in about 8 hops.

Downloaded "mbam-clean.exe" (1.60.2.0003) from http://downloads.mal...file/mbam_clean and ran it, then redownloaded/reinstalled MBAM from scratch. ---> Did not solve this update problem

Within MBAM, deleted scheduled update task, recreated it, changed to other schedule type (real time, etc.) ---> Did not solve this problem.

Stopped then restarted "MBAMScheduler" service (net stop/start mbamscheduler) didn't solve the problem.

No AV installed, so no interference from AV. Installed AV (SEP 11.0 RU7 MP2) once just to run a full system scan, showed no infection, uninstalled it afterwards. Scanned using MBAM with definitions from 09/26, no infection. Scanned offline using Symantec Endpoint Recovery Tool bootable CD with latest Symantec definition showed no infection.

Comcast residential connection, behind regular NAT/SPI home router/firewall, nothing blocked. No host-based software firewall. As mentioned earlier, manual updating working fine.

Attached are "CheckResults.txt" from "mbam-check-1.10.0.1000". In CheckResults, you will see the latest defs, that's only because I forced manual update.

Never had this problem with 1.62, only started after updating to 1.65 (as mentioned earlier, clean install after mbam-clean didn't resolve the problem, it would still occur after a while). I've tried everything I could think of. Hopefully I'll have more luck with the next version of MBAM after 1.65 :D

CheckResults.txt

Hi, MashiMaro: :)

Sorry you're having problems with scheduled updates.

It could be due to software conflicts, corruption, or even infection (especially since you were running without realtime AV protection & since some infections have been known to block MBAM updates).

In addition to the CheckResults log, please also run DDS and post back with both logs (instructions below).

If you could also post back with a couple of your MBAM PRO protection logs, that would also be helpful.

• In Windows Vista/7, these logs are located in: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

The information in these logs will assist the MBAM staff in pinpointing and resolving your issues.

Alternatively, if you have a corporate license for MBAM, you could contact the corporate helpdesk directly >>HERE<<, if you prefer.

Or, if you have a consumer license for MBAM, you could contact the consumer helpdesk directly >>HERE<<, if you prefer.

Thanks for your patience,

daledoc1

--------------------------------------

DDS Instructions

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save it to your Desktop:

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once it is downloaded, you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool, on Vista or Win 7 right click and select Run as administrator

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:

1. DDS.txt
    2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please include the both of the following logs in your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

Hi daledoc1,

Thanks for the quick reply. :)

"DDS.txt" and "Attach.txt" are attached.

Protection log from 09/27/2012 and 09/28/2012 attached. I was updating manually a few times a day, since scheduled update did not occur.

I also tried scheduling a test scan. Just like the scheduled update, the scan was scheduled just fine but wouldn't run at the specified time. It's strange, because the MBAMScheduler service could be stopped/started without any problem.

I also looked at the MD5 hash of the file "C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamscheduler.exe", and it's "0DCF16B1449811EFA47AB52CAC84093C" which is the correct MD5, I believe. Nothing out of the ordinary.

DDS.txt

Attach.txt

protection-log-2012-09-27.txt

protection-log-2012-09-28.txt