Disable.SecurityCenter came up in a scan

Hello.

I have downloaded and run the Malwarebytes Free version on the computers of a few friends, and today when I was running a scan for one of my friends, Malwarebytes detected 2 infections.

They are both named Disable.SecurityCenter and are located in the registry keys.

Does anyone know if this is a true infection, and if so, if I should delete them?

If it helps, I always run the full scan, not the quick scan.

Also, do I need to post my Malwarebytes log? If so, where exactly do I post that?

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help! This computer got infected with AntiVirus 2009 previously and Malwarebyes seems to have gotten rid of that, but then this popped up.

I apologize for the third post. Is there a way to edit a post?

I do not have much longer at this friends house and wont' be back again until next week I think, but I can probably tell her how to do this too.

Attached is a screen shot of the results. Basically, I want to know if anyone would be able to tell me if it would be safe to delete these entries or not? I haven't yet because I don't want to create more problems in case I don't need to delete it.

However, this entry does look concerning and I think it should be deleted but I am not sure.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you :P

Thank you. :)

This computer did have a virus so I am not sure if I should ignore it or not though. I was planning on selecting the remove all and deleting it off of the system.

Do you think that this is a safe idea?

I checked when I did the scan and the antivirus is running fine and the Windows Firewall is on.

So I am not sure if I should delete it or not.

Would it hurt to delete it?

Thanks!:)

Hmm. The firewall isnt disabled though and the antivirus seems to be running fine when I checked.

I was thinking I should delete it. Do you think that this would be fine to do? I don't want to risk any infection from it in case it is bad.

It's just telling you that there is part of the security center disabled. Like if you have the firewall disabled and you tell it not to keep comming up and notifying you. In some cases this can't be fixed due to group policy.

Thanks :) I am not sure if I should ignore it or not though, since this computer did have a virus problem (Antivirus 2009).

I was thinking I would just delete it. Do you think that that would do anything bad to the computer?

I had that come up the first time I ran it, I told MB to ignore it and it didn't show again :)

Oh, and one more thing.

As far as I know, no settings were changed by me or the friend whos computer I ran the scan on. Someone could have changed a setting, but I don't think that that is the case.

Does this mean that this entry should be deleted?

I don't want to leave it on there or ignore it if in fact it is on there because of malware, which I think is the case since it did get a major infection.

Does anyone know if I should actually delete it or not? I don't want to mess something up but I don't want to leave an infection on the computer either.

Hello.

I have downloaded and run the Malwarebytes Free version on the computers of a few friends, and today when I was running a scan for one of my friends, Malwarebytes detected 2 infections.

They are both named Disable.SecurityCenter and are located in the registry keys.

Does anyone know if this is a true infection, and if so, if I should delete them?

If it helps, I always run the full scan, not the quick scan.

Also, do I need to post my Malwarebytes log? If so, where exactly do I post that?

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help! This computer got infected with AntiVirus 2009 previously and Malwarebyes seems to have gotten rid of that, but then this popped up.

Had this same problem in my work computer. Fixed it with Malwarebytes and now my computer gets bluescreen when I try to go to controlpanel and security settings (dont remember the exact term WinXP pro). Otherwise it works fine. Maybe problem with group policy or something?

Sorry for the late reply.

have you had any problems since?

Oh, I told you wrong, I told MB to fix it, NOT ignore it, now it's not showing.

O thats not good if you can't access the control panel and security settings.

Is this still a problem for you?

Had this same problem in my work computer. Fixed it with Malwarebytes and now my computer gets bluescreen when I try to go to controlpanel and security settings (dont remember the exact term WinXP pro). Otherwise it works fine. Maybe problem with group policy or something?

• Root Admin

This is not an issue. If you're having issues with YOUR computer please follow the advice below and someone will be happy to assist you.

Scan and post logs - read note at bottom in green

If you're having Malware related issues with your computer that you're unable to resolve.

1. Please read and follow the instructions provided here: I'm infected - What do I do now?
  2. If needed please post your logs in a NEW topic here: Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs
  3. When posting logs please do not use any Quote, Code, or other tags. Please copy/paste directly into your post and do not attach files unless requested.
  • Please do not post any logs in the General forum. We do not work on any logs posted in the General forum.
  • Please do not install any software or use any removal/scanning tool except for those you're requested to run by the Helper that will assist you.
  • Using these other tools often makes the cleanup task more difficult and time consuming.
  • If you have already submitted for assistance at one of the other support sites on the Internet then you should not post a new log here, you should stay working with the Helper from that site until the issue is resolved.
  • Do not assume you're clean because you don't see something in the logs. Please wait until the person assisting you provides feedback.
  • There are often many others that require asistance as well, so please be patient. If no one has responded within 48 hours then please go ahead and post a request for review
  • NOTE: If for some reason you're unable to run some or any of the tools in the first link, then skip that step and move on to the next one. If you can't even run HijackThis, then just proceed and post a NEW topic as shown in the second link describing your issues and someone will assist you as soon as they can.

Hi.

Was this a reply to me or someone else? Just checking since I am not the only person in the thread.

I am going to run a HiJackThis as soon as I can on my computer ;) Thank you!

Edited by AdvancedSetup
Removed unneeded quoting

Okay, thanks. Oh, and what is not an issue? I forgot to ask that before.

I hope this is the right button. I didn't actually see it until you mentioned it. I had been using the other reply method because I figured that was the only way that people would know that I was replying to them.

Sorry about using the other button before ;) I see how it can be annoying!

Is it okay for me to post logs for other people in the future? The friends that I have helped with their computers do not know much about computers and they wouldn't really be able to do it themselves. I think that I have cleaned up their systems but I was considering doing a HiJackThis for them as well as Malwarebytes.

Thanks again ;)

• Root Admin

Not here on this forum. You need to be a graduate of one of the Anti-Malware training schools.

You're not allowed to reply to posts in the HJT forum either.

You can use the information found here and email your friends with what you think will fix their system but unless you have a lot of experience it might be best to have them make their own new post here and have someone assist them.

I am not sure what you mean by "not here on this forum" and that I need to be a graduate of one of the anti-Malware Training schools. What was that in response to? Sorry for the question, I just can't seem to figure out what you mean.

Thanks ;) After poking around on the board I figured that I can't respond to posts in the HJT forum. I accidentally replied in one before knew and then I replied in another one this evening forgetting which forum I was in. I apologize for that.

I can, of course, reply in my own thread though as I am getting help, correct?

Hmm. I don't have a whole lot of experience but. Basically what I was asking about doing for my friends was doing the same thing that I am doing for myself on my computer: Running MBAM and HJT and posting the logs and then going from there. Would that be okay?