Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51 Beta Now Available

We are happy to announce a public beta test of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware version 1.51. Please give it a try and let us know what you think! :)

Due to a communication mishap, a previous pre-release build of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51 was labeled a release candidate instead of a beta. We apologize for the inconvenience, and are now making the appropriate Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.51 beta build available. This beta build 1.51.0.600 is in fact the most current build of 1.51, hot off the Malwarebytes presses so to speak. We have taken steps internally to ensure that this does not occur again in the future.

We are aiming to release the final version of 1.51 on Saturday, May 28.

DOWNLOAD LINK:

http://data-cdn.mbamupdates.com/v0/beta/program/data/mbam-setup-1.51.0.600.exe

Note to all testers:

Please note that we will be testing the internal program updater during the beta process, so that if you install the 1.51 beta, you may be notified during the beta period that a new (beta) program version is available. Please help us out by allowing installation of the new program version, and let us know if the installation proceeded seamlessly.

New Features:

1. 14-day trial of the PRO version is now available. This is optional to all users.

2. Scheduler now has an edit button.

3. User is now notified of program updates awaiting installation.

Overall Improvements:

1. Scheduling has been simplified, including relocation of scheduler.

2. Website Blocking is now disabled when protection is turned off.

3. Logs are sorted by date automatically.

4. Updating is now much more efficient.

5. All HKCU settings can now be set in HKLM to override user settings.

6. Protection module now more efficient in terms of I/O read bytes.

Issues Fixed:

1. Fixed ignore list not working for default registry data, i.e. for Broken.OpenCommand.

2. Add to ignore list menu item is now left enabled if show tooltip balloon is unchecked.

3. User is now able to update from the system tray even if the scanner is open.

4. Fixed full scan drive list updating issue.

5. Fixed issue with protection module not honoring ignore list after an item is restored from the quarantined.

6. Date format on update tab is now the same as the system tray.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome! I can't wait to try it :)

Could someone please clarify this for me though:

5. All HKCU settings can now be set in HKLM to override user settings.
I don't quite understand what it means.

Awesome! I can't wait to try it :)

Could someone please clarify this for me though: I don't quite understand what it means.

All HKey Current User are moved to HKey Local Machine in the registry.

Not sure why things are still being saved to the registry, as much of Windows programming wants to get away from it.

All HKey Current User are moved to HKey Local Machine in the registry.

Not sure why things are still being saved to the registry, as much of Windows programming wants to get away from it.

Some of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware's settings are stored under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. That makes them per-user settings, meaning different user accounts can control and set the settings differently. However, if a user with an administrative user account wishes to override user settings with a default policy (particularly useful for corporate users and users that have systems with limited/standard user accounts), they can override the per-user HKCU settings that they desire to by creating the same entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware so that even if a user changes one of these per-user settings in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware's user interface, the setting does not change because it has been overridden by the setting in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

• Staff

Just installed clean on my work system, installed in Spanish, I never got any prompt to pick a language. After install, I got the image below.

post-1066-0-24793400-1305786718.jpg

I used the option to change to English and it changed without error.

W7 Home Premium, Avast av, Fort Knox Firewall

Installing on the other systems next.

• Staff

Just installed on XP SP3 Pro, W7 Home Prem(laptop, Vista SP1 and W2K, no issues with language.

I had used Revo Uninstaller to remove previous beta versions on all systems.

• Staff

Uninstalled and reinstalled, upon uninstall, I got a Spanish uninstaller message.

post-1066-0-31384000-1305789389.jpg

Upon reinstall, I got the option to select language, it installed fine.

Also, ran Flash, Quick and Full scans on all systems, no issues

Edited by TeMerc
Added scan information

Installed beta over the top several hours ago and running great, the MBAM service seems to be running about 12 to 15 Meg lighter on memory than 1.50 which is great.

Thanks to all the Malwarebytes team for there excellent work :)

Some of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware's settings are stored under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware. That makes them per-user settings, meaning different user accounts can control and set the settings differently. However, if a user with an administrative user account wishes to override user settings with a default policy (particularly useful for corporate users and users that have systems with limited/standard user accounts), they can override the per-user HKCU settings that they desire to by creating the same entry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware so that even if a user changes one of these per-user settings in Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware's user interface, the setting does not change because it has been overridden by the setting in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Thank you for the excellent explanation, Exile :)

Installed on top of most current (non-beta) version of Malwarebytes without a hitch.

However, prior to doing so, I noticed that my AV's exclusions for Malwarebytes and my other security software was missing (I don't know why!), so I re-added that upon reboot after installation of Malwarebytes. (Might help to explain some momentary freezing once in a while...)

So far so good, and my update schedule stayed intact as well :)

XP Home, SP3 here :)

Installed MBAM and wanna see update notification feature working :-) Currently MBAM working well in my XP SP3, but Pro version takes more resources yet and lags my Google Chrome yet. So switch to FREE.

Improvements are better and keep up good work...

Waiting for next program update, but ASAP... :-)

Cheers...