How to block dangerous websites using malwarebytes

Hi, I'm a Malwarebytes registered user. I bought the cd long ago because I love the idea of supporting honest companies that produce quality products such as this with new updates being introduced at a constant rate. I have been using this amazing software for many years now but still don't know how to utilize all of its features. I would like to know how to use Malwarebytes to block ip addresses and websites that are dangerous to my computer's health.

As long as you have MBAM premium installed, enabling Malicious Website Protection from Settings --> Detection and Protection --> Malicious Website Protection and tick the Enabled radio button, it is on.

That's not exactly what I meant. I want to know if I can input domain names of websites or ip addresses that are dangerous to block them that way.

I do not believe that currently there is a way to add your own sites to the block list.

Is there a software outside of Malwarebytes that I can use instead to block sites or ip addresses? How about a Firefox addon that actually works because some of the ones I've used to block sites or ip's haven't really worked.

The easiest way to do so would be to use your built in hosts files for them and redirect them to 127.0.0.1

Truth be told, though, I'v rarely found a site that MBAM, WoT and my ISP haven't already marked as bad.  And I use Firefox primarily for browsing, with JavaScript disabled b default on all pages via NoScript, until I deterine it is safe, all third-party requests blocked via RequestPolicy, and advertising, beacons, and Analytics blocked via Ghostery until, again, I've determined they are safe, and finally cookies blocked globally except those I allow via Cookie Monster.

Plus, with today's methodology of hosting companies spreading multiple domains over a single IP address, blocking a single IP may block one malicious domain but countless  non-malicious domains in the process.

That's why I let the experts handle the blocking through MBAM and WoT and my ISP.

• 2 years later...
20 minutes ago, matthewosbeta said:

I am running MalwareBytes Premium if you go to the tab Web Exclusions there you can add a process and IP or a link for a website for MalwareBytes to block

Whoa. NO! Adding an exclusion preempts MBAM scanning protection. It is for false positives primarily. To UNblock.

• 2 months later...