popcinfot.dat

First of all hello and sorry if my english is kinda "weird" (spanish speaker here :) )

Its my first time in this forum, I tried to find a post of this problem but I couldnt so here Iam creating one.

My problem is that I have a file named "Popcinfot.dat" on a folder, and no matter what I do I CANT delete it or the folder. Also I cant create a new folder in the same as that file. Seaching I found some information but I couldnt find how to get rid of it so... help please!

Here is the actual situation... I formated C: (I have to partitions, one for the system files and one for my personal files, and in wich the file is now) and reinstalled Windows SP3 taking ALL posible care not to get infected again. I installed "Karpesky" and ran a Full Scan, wich resulted in some infections removed from D: (my personal partition) but NO DETECTION at all on the file Popcinfot.dat.

I tried to modify the rights over the file, but even as administrator I cant (grey boxes). I tried to delete accesing with a booteable CD with command line but it says "access denied".

I dont know what else to do... Iam thinking on moving some of my most important files on that partition to a dvd or another Hard disk and then formating D: ... but as I dont have much space that will mean losing a lot of files and things...

If there is some way to get rid of it... I will be very thankfull...

Sorry if the post has something wrong with it and thanks in advance

Hi and Welcome, Berne,

Please follow the instructions in this topic on posting a MBAM and HJT log.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=9573

Also, follow these instructions:

Clean the clutter:

Download ATF Cleaner by Atribune

• Close Internet Explorer and any other open browsers
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main choose: Select All
  • Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox browser

• Click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
  • NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click

• No at the prompt.

If you use Opera browser

• Click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
  • NOTE: If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.

Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here

dds_scr.gif

Disable any script blocking programs you may have installed (such as Norton script blocking), and then double-click dss.scr to run the tool.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt

[*]Save both reports to your desktop

[*]Please copy and paste both logs into your next reply (do NOT attach)

• Root Admin

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!

The fixes and advice in this thread are for this machine only. Do not apply the instructions from this thread to your own machine. Please start a new thread describing your issue and someone will be along to assist you.