Now a proud MBAM Paid user

I just took the plunge and purchased the full version of Malwarebytes :)

Is there anything that I should know?

The controls don't look much different than the free version... am I missing something?

Also, if I bought a new computer, would I need to buy it again or can I uninstall it from the old computer and put it on the new one?

Yes! & thank you. Download 1.38 it will ask you to re-start your pc. (wait till it asks you) then get some database updates.

Then save your email with your key & follow these instructions below:

You will not be prompted to register, you must do so manually:

There should be an Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware icon on the desktop, double-click that to open program. If there is no icon, you can go to:

C:\Windows\Program Files\Malwarebytes Anti-Malware<<<<this folder... and double click the mbam icon in that folder

Once open, there will be a series of tabs, labeled in order:

Scanner | Protection | Update | Quarantine | Logs | Ignore list | Settings | More Tools | About

Click the 'Protection' tab.

In that section will be a button labeled 'Register', click that button and you will get a new dialog box labeled 'Register Product'. Insert the ID in the first section and the key into the next.

Please make sure you are COPYING and PASTING the license key directly from the confirmation email into the proper fields. Please also make sure you are only including the letters and numbers and not the words ID or Key. Finally, make sure you are not including additional spaces before or after the ID and Key.

If done correctly you should get it registered. Keep us posted please regards...

@ yardbird:

I did all of that except the download. Should I uninstall, use the cleaner, re-install, or just leave it the way it is? It seems to be working find and is running smoothly as far as I can tell.

Edit: Restarted, seems fine.

@ yardbird:

I did all of that except the download. I've had the free version since mid-march. Should I uninstall, use the cleaner, re-install, or just leave it the way it is? It seems to be working find and is running smoothly as far as I can tell.

I guess I'll go ahead and restart now anyway.

See you on here in a few!

Edit: Restarted, seems fine.

ok then just follow the instructions, on how to load the keys..ect.. post back if there are any problems/questions...

@ yardbird.

Load the keys? Do you mean registering it, or do you mean something else?

Is there anything else that I need to do?

@ yardbird

Thank you :)

Hmm maybe I wasn't clear. I am all registered.

Do I need to do anything else?

Am I all set and protected now? :)

Enable the protection Module for real-time protection, against malware/adware/spyware. You remember that list from yesterday? And in the ABout tab you should find a Help Menu icon to click on. Did I answer all your questions? let me know? regards...

Thats true, with real-time protection module enabled a box would pop-up and say this has malware (just an example) and you can put it in Quaratine. So as before your protected from Malware/spyware/ I don't know the entire list. But I can find out for you?

I have the Pro. A window will pop up if you stumble on a website thats infected. I can post you a screenshot if I go to spycar & download malware. but that will take a little time. Let me know if you want to see what the protection module does?

regards, ...

@ yardbird

Oh, okay. Is it the same window that you already showed me a screen shot of or is it different?

You don't need to download malware just for me. What is spycar?

I would like to see what the protection module does.

spycar has harmless infected files for testing (the site is down now) ... But in the Pvt. forum you will see some pic's of infected sites I put in Quaratine. so you can see what it looks like. (under 1.38 beta two, - page 1, post 13 & 18)

@ yardbird

Oh, okay. So they are files that are normally infected but on that site they are not? (spycar)

I think I saw those. Viewing those posts you made with the screen shots are totally safe, correct? No infection can come about by viewing them?

@ yardbird

Oh, okay. So they are files that are normally infected but on that site they are not? (spycar)

I think I saw those. Viewing those posts you made with the screen shots are totally safe, correct? No infection can come about by viewing them?

Correct, example: if I had mbam turned off, one item may change my homepage, (I can change it back) So now you see what the Quaratine box looks like. the screenshot are safe, yes.. The site has harmless infections. exile360 or AdvancedSetup can tell you more about it. but thats pretty much it.. No infection can come about by viewing them? correct.

I have a meeting to go to...worked last night, and will work 12-8 tonight. I leave you in good hands. regards & later

spycar has harmless infected files for testing (the site is down now) ... But in the Pvt. forum you will see some pic's of infected sites I put in Quaratine. so you can see what it looks like. (under 1.38 beta two, - page 1, post 13 & 18)

where is this private forum... i am a technician subscriber.

• Root Admin

It's not a private area in that sense. It is a forum that once a user reaches 50 posts they can then access. It was chosen at 50 as a way to allow those that do frequent our site to be able to discuss things amongst each other without adding chatter to the General forum.