Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50 released

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I'd be careful when you use this new 1.50 version. because it just deleted years of pictures I had collected.

It said 1 file infected and pointed to windows sample pics. and after reboot they where still there but my own pictures had gone.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5234

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

02/12/2010 20:50:44

mbam-log-2010-12-02 (20-50-44).txt

Scan type: Quick scan

Objects scanned: 169849

Time elapsed: 49 minute(s), 20 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:

(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

c:\documents and settings\wayne\local settings\temporary internet files\Content.IE5\U2IXWS09\restserver[2].php (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Well I'd be careful when you use this new 1.50 version. because it just deleted years of pictures I had collected.

It said 1 file infected and pointed to windows sample pics. and after reboot they where still there but my own pictures had gone.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50

www.malwarebytes.org

Database version: 5234

Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

Internet Explorer 8.0.6001.18702

02/12/2010 20:50:44

mbam-log-2010-12-02 (20-50-44).txt

Scan type: Quick scan

Objects scanned: 169849

Time elapsed: 49 minute(s), 20 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0

Memory Modules Infected: 0

Registry Keys Infected: 0

Registry Values Infected: 0

Registry Data Items Infected: 0

Folders Infected: 0

Files Infected: 1

Memory Processes Infected:

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

c:\documents and settings\wayne\local settings\temporary internet files\Content.IE5\U2IXWS09\restserver[2].php (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

To save going through the same problem as me, hopefully if you delete your history, temp files and if you have xp run atf cleaner before running malwarebytes. This version does seam to run a lot faster and the updates went with ease. also do back ups to your files,I had most of mine saved. Keep up the good work peeps.

Greetings,

I participated in the Beta version. I encountered a major problem during that period of time and had to revert back to the 1.46 version. The beginning of the problem was explained in the forum discussion on the beta version, and then moved here: http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s...=67380&st=0

That thread is now closed. I did an update this evening and mbam updated to the 1.50 version. Same problem surfaced. The program would no even open, and none of my browsers would open, and I had to "force" a shut down, as Windows explorer did not even work. I did the uninstall and the the clean program and am sitting here unprotected at this time once again.

All my system info and such, as well as test results are in the previous threads.

As a person holding two licenses to this program, I hope this can be resolved.

Thanks.

Adding to the above, I did a reinstall of 1.46, shut down the computer and logged back on, and same problem as listed above. So now that has been uninstalled as well.

The mbam clean exe did not get all the files, same as before. I had to manually delete one of the files. This was prior to the reinstall of the 1.46.

Adding to the above, I did a reinstall of 1.46, shut down the computer and logged back on, and same problem as listed above. So now that has been uninstalled as well.

The mbam clean exe did not get all the files, same as before. I had to manually delete

C:\Windows\System32\drivers\mbam.sys

C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\MALWAREBYTES ANTI-MALWARE

This was prior to the reinstall of the 1.46.

Greetings :(

The ability to schedule updates and scans from the command line is a new feature that was added in this version for users who wish to use it. Updates and scans can still be scheduled by using the Scheduler button located on the Protection tab :).

I can not find syntax instructions for using command line. Any idea where they are?