Malwarebytes minimisation

Hi:

Are you sure?

Have a look in the system tray (aka notification area, on the lower RIGHT of the display, near the clock).
AFAIK MBAM 2.x does NOT minimize to the taskbar, if you are looking for it there.

If that doesn't resolve your issue....

... you might want to try a clean reinstall.  If so, please follow the directions exactly as shown here:
MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

If that does not correct it, then please read the following and post back the requested logs as attachments to your next reply:
Diagnostic Logs

ALSO, for additional information:
There is an FAQ Section here: Common Questions, Issues, and their Solutions
And here are links to the MBAM 2.0 User Guide: Online and PDF

Let us know how it goes,

daledoc1

Hi,

When I click on the minimisation button, the programme does not minimise, it closes!

Advice please

You didn't mention which OS you are using.  If it is W7 note that W7 has always had a problem with disappearing Icons in the notification area which is a where MBAM is minimized to.   You should check this by right clicking on the Taskbar, left clicking on Properties and then left clicking on Customize.  Make sure MBAM is set to show both icon and notifications.  If not change it exit and reboot.  You should then be GTG.

Hi:

You didn't mention which OS you are using.  If it is W7 note that W7 has always had a problem with disappearing Icons in the notification area which is a where MBAM is minimized to.   You should check this by right clicking on the Taskbar, left clicking on Properties and then left clicking on Customize.  Make sure MBAM is set to show both icon and notifications.  If not change it exit and reboot.  You should then be GTG.

I think you mean the notification area (aka system tray), not the taskbar?

Yes, anon_private, you might want to click the tiny up-arrow in my screen cap > customize > and verify/change the settings, as Nesivos suggests.

Either method will work.

(My shot is from 7, and I think you are on Vista?  But I think it is similar...)

However, to reduce confusion, this NOT the taskbar. ;)

The taskbar is on the bottom LEFT of the display.

The notification area ("system tray") is on the RIGHT of the display, and that is where MBAM 2.0 minimizes.

Cheers,

daledoc1

post-29793-0-46867300-1397838294_thumb.p

Of course.

That wasn't what I said.

In fact, I said that either Nesivos's method or mine would work.

I was merely trying to point out that the taskbar is NOT the system tray/notification area, and that MBAM minimizes to the latter, not to the former.

In any event, until the replies, it's hard to say what's happening.

Cheers!

Sorry to jump in but  anon_private is not the only one . I have got the same issue. When I open my MBAM 2.0.1.1004 Premium it shows in the task bar but when I minimize MBAM  it closes and there is no sign of it at the bottom of my task bar ( the icon for MBAM shows in  my notifications area ). 

I have Windows 7 sp1/64bit.

Sorry to jump in but  anon_private is not the only one . I have got the same issue. When I open my MBAM 2.0.1.1004 Premium it shows in the task bar but when I minimize MBAM  it closes and there is no sign of it at the bottom of my task bar ( the icon for MBAM shows in  my notifications area ). 

That is where it is designed to go "minimize" to with 2.0.

That is where it is designed to go "minimize" to with 2.0.

Thank you for your reply, Porthos

Sorry I am not quite getting it :blush: . Do you mean when I minimize MBAM it minimizes itself into the notification area and has to be reopened by right clicking on the MBAM icon in the notifications area to make it maximize again?  :unsure:

Sorry I am not quite getting it :blush: . Do you mean when I minimize MBAM it minimizes itself into the notification area and has to be reopened by right clicking on the MBAM icon in the notifications area to make it maximize again?  :unsure:

yes

Hi,

The OS is given in my signature file.

Glad I am not alone.

Hi:

I think you mean the notification area (aka system tray), not the taskbar?

Yes, anon_private, you might want to click the tiny up-arrow in my screen cap and verify/change the settings, as Nesivos suggests.

Either method will work.

(My shot is from 7, and I think you are on Vista?  But I think it is similar...)

However, to reduce confusion, this NOT the taskbar. ;)

The taskbar is on the bottom LEFT of the display.

The notification area ("system tray") is on the RIGHT of the display, and that is where MBAM 2.0 minimizes.

Cheers,

daledoc1

I mean the taskbar

Of course.

That wasn't what I said.

In fact, I said that either Nesivos's method or mine would work.

I was merely trying to point out that the taskbar is NOT the system tray/notification area, and that MBAM minimizes to the latter, not to the former.

In any event, until the replies, it's hard to say what's happening.

Cheers!

As far as I know all programmes minimise to the taskbar

I don't get it either

Hi, anon_private:

Hmm, well, let's see if we can't sort this out.

"Taskbar" = area on the bottom LEFT of your display, adjacent to the Windows Vista start orb/button. (You do run Vista, right?)

"Notification area" (aka "system tray") = area on the bottom RIGHT of your display, next to the clock (it looks different in Vista from the appearance in Win7 in my previous screen shot).

MBAM 2.0 minimizes to the notification area (on the right), NOT to the taskbar (on the left).

That is the normal, expected behavior, but it is different from MBAM 1.x.

As @Porthos and @Firefox confirmed, the MBAM GUI can be opened either by a right-click of the system tray icon, or you can just double click the system tray icon (or you can open it from the desktop shortcut icon, if you have one).

If you do not see the icon in the notification area, it could be because it is "hidden".

In that case, you can either follow the steps @Nesivos explained here or using this tutorial, to change it.

Please let us know if that resolves your issue.

If it doesn't, we'll go from there.

Thanks!

daledoc1