new to hijackthis

hi guys,

I'm fairly new to hijackthis, but I want to make sure that I dont have anything malicious in my computer registry's. I downloaded hijackthis and scanned my registry files. I have the logs and would like some feedback.

I just want to make sure I delete the proper files and not a registry file that I really need.

Can someone analyze my logs and tell me if they see anything suspicious or dangerous?

I appreciate it.

Thanks.

hijackthis.log

there are trojans that can bypass the antivirus and hide themselves in registry's, like rootkits. That's why I wanted someone to look at my scan results and see if there is something I may have missed. The antivirus can scan the computer and find nothing, but that doesn't necessarily mean that there's no trojan hiding behind something.

there are trojans that can bypass the antivirus and hide themselves in registry's, like rootkits. That's why I wanted someone to look at my scan results and see if there is something I may have missed. The antivirus can scan the computer and find nothing, but that doesn't necessarily mean that there's no trojan hiding behind something.

Hijackthis is not going to show rootkits. What you say about hidden malware is all true. It takes a few tools to pin down malwares.

Seems to me you are focusing too much on "registry". Better to run general scan tools, like your antivirus, and one or 2 of online scans; then see what the results are.

ESET Online Scanner

BitDefender Quickscan

Trend Micro Housecall

F-Secure Online Scanner

Panda ActiveScan

Also suggested: run the Microsoft Windows Defender Offline. This is an "offline" tool that you boot the pc with and scan your system for malware.

To get started, find a blank CD, DVD, or USB flash drive with at least 250 MB of free space and then download and run the tool—the tool will help you create the removable media.

The basic sequence of steps are

a) Download and SAVE the tool to a unique folder/location on your pc

b) Create the CD/DVD/USB-flash drive with tool

c) Set pc to boot from the offline media

d) Place media in & restart system

e) Run the tool. Have infinite patience & have it scan the entire system. Remove any malware that is found.

Download & info link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/what-is-windows-defender-offline

The frequently asked questions for this tool

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/windows-defender-offline-faq

I am suggesting you do some legwork before asking if your system to be looked over.

Also, we do not ask for a Hijackthis log in our preliminaries.

Please print out, read and follow the directions here

Im not really focused on my registry's all that much. I always run my general scan tools first. Actually this is the first time I'm using Hijackthis. I thought this forum was helpful, but I guess there aren't to many knowledgeable people in here. That's fine. Thanks anyways. I'll look into those tools. Have a nice day :)