An inquiry about speedupmypc

Guest Seagull

If you want my honest opinion, these programs are a joke. Get yourself a good temp files cleaner like CCleaner and clean your temp files once a week and defrag your harddrive

once a week, and turn off all unnecessary start up programs like Java and Adobe Reader and call it a day. Running a Disk Check once a month could possibly help to.

I heard of other programs like this to, like PCMedic. Lately I been seeing alot of commercials for PCMedic and to me its not worth it.

Also, I never seen a performance gain using a Registry cleaner, I personally use the one built in CCleaner but never gained any kind of performance boost.

To me these programs are a gimmick and they are not worth it.

If you want to help free some more computer resources and give yourself a little bit more of a performance boost, you can also turn off all unnecessary services. But, I would not play around in services unless you know what the services are for and you know what you are doing.

That's just my two cents on what I think of System Performance Boosting Software like this one.

I hope this helps. :)

Check the top Left corner and it says Uniblue -

One of the biggest not very nice programs that exist, and a Mongrel to remove from your system -

"Total Errors Found 2905" This computer would not operate if that were true

Bottom Left hand corner = "Register Now" - This means Send us your Money -

Another Scam -

Thank you all of you very much indeed for your kind suggestions.

I have ever said that this program isn't good. However, I have installed it and scanned for issues. On the other hand, I have never clicked on the 'fixed issues' button at all. I am going to decide to remove it from my computer right now.

I would like to ask you why those programmers design such quite a bad program? Do they want to fake other quite good programs in order to falsify the reputation of the programmers who have designed them?

When I uninstall a program from my computer,I notice sometimes that there are certain remains of that program, such as folders, and shortcuts icon. et cetera. Why do these remains not remove?

Although I have used the 'Your Uninstaller! 7'program for uninstalling a program, those remains of a program sometimes still don't remove.

Thus, I decided to use such a program, CCleaner or another one to remove these remains.

Are there any programs which remove these remains of the uninstalling programs?

Never trust a utility program like this. Things like System Mechanic, Registry Mechanic etc are all nothing, but junk. Registry Cleaners have no proof they fix or improve your performance or issues. You'll see these programs advertised on sites when looking up system errors. Most likely you'll be out of money or have more problems then before so I advise to ignore the existence of these programs. Ccleaner is the only good one I'd recommend.

Registry Cleaners are legitimate programs(not rogues or malware), but they are a poor and ethical business.

Many uninstallers for some reason fail to clean up after themselves. Sometimes you can download a removal tool(antiviruses/security programs usually are the most common cases).

You can try Revo Uninstaller which has a good reputation on removing leftovers. :)

Yep. All these programs are nothing, but trash.

And this one. Is it like the last other programs? By the way, I have unistalled all the last other programs. And I am awaiting for your response to remove this one, too.

52145494.png

Then I am also going to uninstall it. What is this picture which you have posted for?

David's picture is mocking ads that you'll often find for programs like speedupmypc and other scams. They try to fool you into believing that you need their software by showing fake scans and fake depictions of your computer, when it's usually malicious in nature. In the future, it would be wise to look at online reviews of software you're interested in before downloading.

All of these are definitely not worth the time to download and install.

I agree with Strenalis you should research the product before downloading. All these are junk. It doesn't really matter what it is as this whole registry cleaner/system booster or what you call it business is crap. Avoid ANY of these products(Ccleaner is an exception).

Guest Seagull

Those are all useless garbage cooperator. If you want to improve performance without the need to upgrade hardware, then you need to keep your computer Defragged and turn

off all unnecessary start up items and run a program like CCleaner to clean up history, cookies, temp files, etc. A Disk Check every now and then is good too.

Also, like I said in my first post, turning off all unnecessary services can help too. Here is a link to black vipers website that gives you a list of all services in windows and

tells you about every single service and what it does and what not, also it recommends if you should disable it or not. Many people don't know it but, right out of the box windows

has Remote Registry set to Manual which I would highly recommend setting it to disabled. Anyway here is the links.

Windows XP: http://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-xp-x86-32-bit-service-pack-3-service-configurations/

Windows 7: http://www.blackviper.com/service-configurations/black-vipers-windows-7-service-pack-1-service-configurations/

I hope this helps. :)

those programs are crap .

the "speedupmypc" has commercials being run on radio stations .

it takes money to run commercials nationwide ... a lot of money .

how do you think they make that money ?

first you install the program and then they charge you to run the full "fix" .

it is a total scam .

let me add this to the mix :

snakeoil1tu.jpg

print a copy of the picture and pin it on the wall .

ps ... it would not surprise me if "registry winner" is malware and will (eventually) show up flagged by malwarebytes .

Thank you all of you so much indeed. before closing this issue. I would like kindlly to ask you whether or not this one is OK, because I have looked for it and downloaded from a trusted website

55256192.png

43271824.png

Could you confirm that for me, please? And what has it had better than CCleaner?

from this page : http://supercleaner.en.softonic.com/download

"First, the Softonic Downloader will be downloaded, and through it you'll be able to download the main program.

During the download process we show commercial offers, such as the Softonic Toolbar."

note :

"commercial offers" ... offers , as in the the plural of "offer" .

i also noticed (elsewhere) that this may not be "free" ... it is a trial version and will expire .

i vaguely remember something about the "softonic downloader" not being a good thing ... maybe someone else knows about this .

CCleaner is good , legitimate , totally free and no BS ... plain and simple .

from this page : http://supercleaner....ic.com/download

"First, the Softonic Downloader will be downloaded, and through it you'll be able to download the main program.

During the download process we show commercial offers, such as the Softonic Toolbar."

note :

"commercial offers" ... offers , as in the the plural of "offer" .

i also noticed (elsewhere) that this may not be "free" ... it is a trial version and will expire .

i vaguely remember something about the "softonic downloader" not being a good thing ... maybe someone else knows about this .

CCleaner is good , legitimate , totally free and no BS ... plain and simple .

I have a registered version. But my question is when scanning, I notice far many files detecting as junks. If you have had a look at my screenshots, you would be seeing, as I have remarked in red, there some files which are Microsoft Word and LiberOffice. As a result, I am afraid if I will let it delete them, maybe it will be deleting important files.

Hoping you understand me.

i did not comment on the "questionable files" portion of your post as :

1 : it is a small sample of the files it found .

2 : only you can decide if you want to save some of the files (important writing/correspondence , etc , etc) .

3 : "orphaned entries" will show up if a program has been removed or changed .

4 : whether something is "ok" to delete depends on exactly what the file is and where it was found (ie : temp files) .

basically speaking , what you are asking (of anyone) is like posting a picture of an automobile and asking if the vehicle is ok to purchase .

the realities are that it would require much more information and time to give an answer .

you need to research the programs and files on your machine and learn what they are associated with and what they are for .

this will aid you in making the determination of whether to save or delete a file or files .

An interesting fact concerning the legitimacy of such software lies in origins of the people behind them. I've been helping to bring down fake antivirus/antispyware (rogues) for some years now. I've kept a sizeable record of domains serving this scamware and many of these urls are still active under the same registrant. However, instead of leading you to 'Virus Annihilater 2009' or such like, they redirect to Registry Fix this or Registry Repair that. You wouldn't trust a rogue AV, why would you trust a registry cleaner from the same scammers.

Remove some useless programs from Startup list.

Defrag the disk to get files stay togather.

Clean the junk files to make smaller $MFT records.

Defrag the Registry to get rid of free cell.

Close some useless background services.

All of these opeartions will really speed up the system. But not too much.

"Defrag the Registry to get rid of free cell."

Remove some useless programs from Startup list.

Defrag the disk to get files stay togather.

Clean the junk files to make smaller $MFT records.

Defrag the Registry to get rid of free cell.

Close some useless background services.

All of these opeartions will really speed up the system. But not too much.

NO to "Defrag the Registry to get rid of free cell"

That's a false claim. Do not use so-called Registry Cleaners or Registry Defragmenters. They are Snake Oil JUNK !

"Defrag the Registry to get rid of free cell."

NO to "Defrag the Registry to get rid of free cell"

That's a false claim. Do not use so-called Registry Cleaners or Registry Defragmenters. They are Snake Oil JUNK !

hello david.

Surely defragmenting the registry would be a safe operation.There is nothing getting deleted at all.But with windows 7 i do see your point because would i be correct in thinking that the windows7 registry is actually partially virtualised?

Thanks.