Can't get rid of Incredibar

My son recently loaded the incredibar on our computer. I've tried to uninstall it, but can't get completely rid of it.

I uninstalled Incredibar and Web Assistant. I renamed and then deleted .dll files that I couldn't delete that were in the Incredibar and Web Assistant folders.

I removed anything associated with the incredibar from my IE8, Firefox, and Chrome browsers - including removing MyStart from the Startup page of IE or Chrome and deleting all references to it. However, somehow the incredibar still pops up on IE 8 only when we use that browser and only when we use it to go to Youtube and Facebook. Otherwise seem to be free of it. However, it did completly reinstall itself later. Therefore, went through the uninstall process all over now still in IE8 with Facebook and Youtube. I have run Malware Bytes, AdAware, Antivir Virus scan, CCleaner (including the registry fix), Spybot. None of these seem able to completley remove the Incredibar. Am I missing something. Do you have any additional things I can try?

Thanks!

• Root Admin

Hello and welcome to Malwarebytes

As it's not an infection but more so an annoyance most tools won't detect and remove it as such.

Follow the steps below though and someone can assist you in removing it and checking the system for other infections.

Here are the steps needed to get your computer cleaned....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

Don't use any temporary file cleaners unless requested - this can cause data loss and make recovery difficult

You have 3 Options that you can choose from as listed below:

• Option 1 —— Free Expert advice in the Malware Removal Forum
  • Option 2 —— Paying customer -- Contact Support via email
  • Option 3 —— Premium, Fee-Based Support

OPTION 1

As we don't deal with malware removal in the
General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum
, you need to start a topic in the

Malware Removal forum

so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems or infections you may have.
  • Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
  • After posting your new post, make sure under options, you select Follow this topic and choose Instantly,
    so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

NOTE: Please do not post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies.

If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.

• If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
      Or
    • You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

OPTION 2

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk
here

OPTION 3

If you would like to use our
Malwarebytes Premium Consumer Services
partner, Comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs—from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups go to our
Malwarebytes Premium Services
support site.

Please be patient, someone will assist you as soon as possible.