Maintenance Period tonight

twexler

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello wildman424

Example:

Click on one of your Custom folders > then checkmark/tic the Conversation you want to move > scroll down to the Delete drop down menu box and click on the different custom folder you want to move the Conversation to and Click Go.

I never use the folders BUT as near as I can find out by experimentation (I can't believe it took me over 30 minutes to figure out the "magic" to getting a post to go....) :wacko: one has to click on the little box on the right side of the screen on an existing PM and then the drop-down menu becomes available with more than just DELETE.

post-35425-0-81681400-1326764148.gif

Hope this is of some use..

Steve

Nope.

This doesn't work for me.

Checking any of the messages does not add any options to move the message in my drop-down menu.

Nor can I find this:

wildman424 pointed out to me about the Add/Edit folder options which I flew right by them. duh :P

Don't know if it's a permissions issue, as I think we Spam Hunters have essentially the same permissions as Honorary Members (with the addition of authorization to view Suspected Spammers board)?

Or senility on my part.

In any event, this is a ROYAL pain.

If only some dingbat at the IPBoard software company hadn't had the stoopid idea to remove the notes section function, none of this teeth-gnashing would have been needed.

:angry2: :angry2:

Since the "Forum Maintenance Tonight" thread is growing rather long and hard to follow, I thought I'd start a new topic.

(Feel free to merge this back in there, if desired.)

Why in the new MBAM theme was the poster's info moved towards the center of the page, into the main message window?

In the old forum and even in the new default theme, it is positioned more closely to the left side of the page, along the left "margin".

In the new MBAM theme, within the message pane, it often creates ugly, confusing, crowded and (in the case of certain members who use a quote as their signature, such as GT500) strange juxtapositions of actual post text content and the user's info. And it creates a lot of wasted space on the left side.

Even with the message text "wrapping" around the poster's info, it often still looks really weird and can make the post itself harder to read.

I find myself going back into my posts to add some carriage returns to create space in my post, so that it doesn't jumble with my poster info.

The attached example is only a list of spammers' usernames. It looks even worse when the post content is actual text and when the poster's info contains a lot of information (interests, location, etc).

All of this is on my 24" HD flat panel, with plenty of real estate.

JMHO and just asking.... :unsure::blink::wacko:

post-29793-0-18385700-1326801432.png

post-29793-0-50176600-1326801440.png

Hello daledoc1

Hopes this helps. :)

To Add a Folder

• Open PM
  • Click on View All Messages
  • Click the Add button in the Folders box
  • In the box that shows
  • Type in tittle of your chioce
  • Click on the Plus sign to save folder
  • To add more Folders repeat process.

fKgBI.gif

• To Remove a Folder
  • Click on the Edit button
  • Click on the Minus sign
  • Click OK in the Message box

ZV6oz.gif

Moving one Conversation to a Different Folder

• Click on one of your Custom folders
  • Then checkmark/tic the Conversation box you want to move
  • Scroll down to the Delete drop down menu box
  • Click on the different custom folder you want to move the Conversation
  • And Click Go

FYI Just a quick note for those of you who recyled your canned code snippets for HJT and other referrals.

The old Add-Reply.png is no more.

So, it might confuse newcomers who see the old image in our posts?

Here is a quick screen grab I'm using for now:

npBRX.png

(I added a red border just to make it stand out from the white background, since it's not a button any longer....)

There is a A4u3M.png button.

However, since it is only at the top of each topic (and no longer at the bottom), I assume that many users will not bother to scroll back up to find it and will, instead, use the "reply to this topic" pane at the bottom?

I suspect that, even if we do refer to it directly, some newcomers might have trouble finding it and will end up using the "quote reply" button instead?

(Heck, I didn't notice it originally, either! :P )

Perhaps this button can be added back to the bottom, as it was with the previous version?

Cheers!

I am using the "new MORE REPLY OPTIONS Tab" at the bottom and it seems to over-ride all except "Quick Reply box" -

This seems to be the one that will replace your Add Reply, that only appears once the other reply box is opened -

Yup. I am using that one myself, as well.

I suppose we could point them to the "More Reply Options" button?

Another option option. :)

Even better for me -- old dog, slow with new tricks -- would be to restore the "reply to this topic" button at the bottom, allowing the poster to bypass the "quick reply box"?

(I've fallen victim to the "quick reply curse" a couple of times, having started a reply, then navigated off the page, only to return to finish my post to find that what I had started was no more.)

"then navigated off the page, only to return to finish my post to find that what I had started was no more."

I also find this, so prior to going away I always use CTRL+C to save my post -

Is there a reason why I cannot add Quote to a Cut and Paste item ??

I did this one with basic BB Code - Then I returned and edited the quote to size 14 as it was tiny -

(I've fallen victim to the "quick reply curse" a couple of times, having started a reply, then navigated off the page, only to return to finish my post to find that what I had started was no more.)

For us that hang around forums this is a very useful addon for your Firefox browser ;)

Lazarus Form Recovery

Ever had one of those “oh $*#@” moments when you've finally finished filling out a long form, and hit submit only to see an error message? And when you hit the back button, the form was blank... If so, you know you need Lazarus. And if not, you have a chance to install Lazarus before disaster strikes!

Using Lazarus, you can recover lost forms with a single click. Lazarus automagically encrypts and saves every form as you type. If the submission fails or if you forget to send it or your computer or browser crashes, then you can return to the page and recover the form data you originally entered.

For us that hang around forums this is a very useful addon for your Firefox browser ;)

Lazarus Form Recovery

Hi Ernie,

LAZARUS has been promoted in GENERAL SOFTWARE http://forums.malwar...showtopic=84569 since early last year for exactly that purpose. I've used the extension for years and no matter what happens; blue screen, lost editor, board malfunction, browser malfunction, I always have anything I was typing in a Firefox tab/window saved within the previous 15-30 seconds before disaster struck. It's been a lifesaver dozens of times. :)

EDIT: After I posted this I went into LAZARUS "save database" and found in the short time it took to write the original post, what I had typed already had been "saved" three times.

post-35425-0-66025100-1326995727.gif

Steve

Edited by ShyWriter

what in the hell is this stupid box, annoying :angry2:

screwed my formatting all up, took me 10x longer to post fighting that stupid thing, lost my VT links had to go search the MD5's at VT to recover the reports and when I finally got it posted, it screwed the way I had it formatted all up and I had to edit the post to fix the way it the way I wanted it layed out. :angry2:

sorry, I'm quite picky about these things :rolleyes:

WoW I disaperar for a while and eveything changes, first VT then this. My head and eyes hurt from the forum for being to white, i know it is not just me that has moaned about it being really white but there must be away that will fit in with the design a different colour other than white or at least make the white darker abit?

WoW I disaperar for a while and eveything changes, first VT then this. My head and eyes hurt from the forum for being to white, i know it is not just me that has moaned about it being really white but there must be away that will fit in with the design a different colour other than white or at least make the white darker abit?

Bottom Left Corner of web page. Select "Change Theme" to IP.Board

It is an improvement.

WoW I disaperar for a while and eveything changes, first VT then this. ...

Personally, I dislike the VT change more than the change here. VT has lost some functionality that I used, and while our forums have as well, most of what isn't working is stuff I didn't use, so it is hitting the others harder than it is hitting me.

Personally, I dislike the VT change more than the change here. VT has lost some functionality that I used, and while our forums have as well, most of what isn't working is stuff I didn't use, so it is hitting the others harder than it is hitting me.

Hispasec Sistemas is actively getting feedback on the changes.

you and me both, Its harder to use now than it was before.