Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.60.1 Released

Incremental updates should work as long as you're using the PRO version, however, if you let the database get too out of date, it will download the entire database due to the number of changes that has occurred within the database since your last update. To avoid this happening, I would recommend making sure to update at least once a day, which is a good idea anyway to keep your system protected.

Echoing most comments, update through MBAM updater worked just fine.

A quick question if I may. During the update I always deselect (the exact wording may not be correct) "Create desktop shortcut" (because I already have a desktop shortcut) and also "add to quicklaunch bar". Technically Win 7 no longer has a quicklaunch bar so I created a shortcut for MBAM on the taskbar. If I selected "add to quicklaunch bar" would it add an icon to the taskbar and most importantly would it have the silly "shield" which I really detest?

Incremental updates should work as long as you're using the PRO version, however, if you let the database get too out of date, it will download the entire database due to the number of changes that has occurred within the database since your last update.

I'd been updating every three days, and 1.60.0 was OK with this. Yesterday's trial was 2 days old and it did a full database update. I tried it again this morning and incremental worked fine. Pixies, I guess. Thanks for the info, and I'll do updates every morning.

Once nice feature for the bandwidth challenged, the incremental updates work OK without needing the full data stream. If it's a full load, I need to stop doing anything else, or the download can fail. (On a good day, I can get 35kBaud. One of these days I'll be able to afford satellite ISP rates. That's my only other option now.)

thank you. i did a scan and it said i had version 1.60.1.1000 so i guess i have the updated version. although it took over 6 hrs to scan! sometimes it takes 2-3 hrs then if its quick it can take 1.5hrs rarely does it take this long. although MB is quite tempremental with my comp and sometimes freezes when scanning. i guess cause my comp is quite old?

Hello Lucie,

The length of time that MBAM scan will run depends on several factors (beyond speed of your pc's processor & HDD), with the main one being how much is stored on your system.

What anti-virus program is installed? and does it have other "live monitor" security programs?

Review the MBAM F.A.Q. article at http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138

to review/set your trust settings for the anti-virus and MBAM also.

I updated to 1.60.1.1000 just now and now it says the database is outdated by 25 days (13th January), even thought I already updated previously today without problems. And now when I update, it successfully updates then 2 minutes later it's back to the v2012.01.13.04 database again.

When you install a new version the database falls back to the db version that is packaged in the installer. This is normal and just requires an update to get it back to where it was before the program update.

• Root Admin

Since the new version is out and has been updated as well I'm going to close this topic now.

If you have further questions or need support in general for the program please post a new topic in this forum.

General Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Forum

Thank you everyone for your continued support

Malwarebytes Corporation