I noticed that the management console wasn't pulling updates and as I went to manually update I received this error, Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

The only thing that I did differently today was push the client agent via LANDDesk to a few host systems, but did not touch the management console or server it's on.

Albert

I checked the SysLogs and this is the error msg:

Latest Error:
2014-04-08 14:12:45.460 ERROR SCWebService.CheckSignatureFromInternet: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I noticed a post similar to this one where a user was having the same error at the logon screen

I log into the console to find out that it's pulling updates and it's letting me do it manually without that error...... The .dat file is 1kb today. Does that indicate that thing are fine? If it's 0kb or not there would that be producing the error? I sent support the sys logs that includes the days that the console was giving me the error and for today with no error. I'll keep this post updated on the results.

The issue resolved itself. I came into work and it was pulling updates and permitted me to manually pull update without the error. Support parsed through the logs and nothing unusual was found other than a few errors with the server having trouble connecting to the database. My sys eng reported they were not doing anything that would have affected the MWAB server from making connections. So, this one remains a mystery.