Suggestions for MWB Enterprise

Here are my thoughts after  a short time playing with MEE.  Please excuse me if it can do the below, but I just have not figured it all out yet... :)

1. Client push-- the "scan OU window"--make larger or size adjustable

2. Client push-- Allow simple "single machine", or single IP address (without scanning range)

3. Client push--once you have pushed to all known computers, have a entire network scan that only scans for "missing" ip address's and doesn't even try to search for known machines.

4. Reporting.  Have clickable charts that actually bring up the info instead of just making it LARGER--like if I click on the pie chart for my largest problematic infection/ or worst PC, it will bring up that info and clickable line to that machines info and options

5. Login: have a single login it "remembers" my credentials so I don't have to type it in a dozen times in a row when scanning/removing/pushing, etc

6. left side buttons disappear when resizing/dragging MEE console to another monitor.  Have to logout/in to get them back

just my thoughts :)

I am currently testing out the Enterprise Edition and so far I agree with # 3 and #4; those are great suggestions! I only have a few hosts that I've been able to install the client agent on but in the next few days I should have a whole suite of hosts and then I can add some suggestions as well.

Either way, this product (MWAB) is a beast! No other product I have tested has performed quite as well :-)

I strongly agree with #2, #4, and #5.

As for number 2, a workaround is to create a text file with the single hostname or ip address, or a small group of hostnames, one on each line, and then you can select that to scan, and it will only scan the single, or small group that you want.

4A:  on the home page that shows all the going-ons.  The top 10 threats...you can't see what the threats are...just some shortened useless part of what it actually is.  This goes again to being able to click on that part of the pie to see more detail.

Yes, #7 suggestion is good too! I keep looking at the client's status for 'scanning' and it takes a sec. \

#8  Add in the Summary Report section the capability to export logs to .txt and be able to customize the report. Let's say you want a .txt log that list the common threats/hosts/and action taken or range of hosts scan results/action taken.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

#11  ON THE HOME SCREEN- here is shows multiple reports, the bottom the pie charts---the "tables" to the right of the pie charts....move them over to the left and or move everthing so you can actually SEE what th heck its finding as top threats and top clients...the current shoretned list is TOTALLY USELESS!!!!

EVEN WHEN YOU CLICK THEM THEY ARE STILL ONLY PARTIALY SHOWING!!!

• 1 month later...

#14  when running a manual OU scan under client push install under Admin tab.  When you start a scan, and it comes back and says the password is incorrect, STOP THE SCAN AUTOMATICALLY!! 

It keeps trying, (and failing), and in a milisecond, it locks you out on your domain.

• 4 weeks later...

The lack of access to threat detail and alerts for an Business product is astounding.

• "Reports" are completely useless without drilldowns.
  • Scheduled emailing of user-selected information (details of threats found in last 24hrs, etc.).
  • Immediate email alerts of user-selected information.
  • Copy-pasting out of individual client security logs does not count as access to threat detail.
  • To grab detail, at the very least, add a tab under Admin to access the Security Log the same as the Admin Log.
  • Allow export of Admin and Security Logs to common formats.
  • In Security Log, "success" is not an Operation It is a RESULT of an operation. List the actual operation (quarantine,delete, etc) in the Operation column (and if no operation is performed, then say " No Action taken" instead of leaving the column blank). Add a Result column for the success/failure.
  • Allow storing credentials for push install/scanning/etc.
  • Stop force-installing IIS7.5 Express.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also agree with Tagin above, and with tmc_pat.

As things stand I will be unable to recommend to my clients that they MEE, when each comes up for renewal. Our assessment is that this is not an Enterprise product. It is perhaps suitable for a home or small-office network where the owner is a tech enthusiast and places little value on his/her time.

Regards

W