Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.50 released

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As stated, additional modules such as an anti-virus module would cost extra.

As a side note -- if we were ever to "go back" on our lifetime license promise, we would make sure all users that already purchased were grandfathered in.

That's a great promise.

Now promise me to reply on the PM with the complaint I sent you 2 days ago and you make me even happyer...

As stated, additional modules such as an anti-virus module would cost extra.

As a side note -- if we were ever to "go back" on our lifetime license promise, we would make sure all users that already purchased were grandfathered in.

Marcin, I'm a "lifetime" licensed user and I've been around a LONG time concerning software, EULAs, etc, etc al..

Even though I *am* a lifetime licensee of MBAMPro

I will always be a customer too. :(

The lifetime license is awesome and I really appreciate that.

I would be willing to pay an annual fee, though of course, if that was to ever happen.

Many thanks MBAM Team !

I found Mbamservices eat more ram that previous version.

1.46 ~ 64000K

1.50 ~ 76000K

any ideas ? I have XP Pro SP3

also thank to implemented further notification of blocked site.

ahm.. me too is see that on my task manager... but its ok that... nothing to have worry....

ahm... i have an suggest.... maybe in the next version of MBAM.. can you put auto quarantine in the next version... because is the best thing that i want to see... i like the auto update in database and new version... but.. please put in the next version have an auto quarantine.... thats all... more power..

I swear; it's like I'm talking to myself MOST of the time.. And I spent a LOT of time on how I worded that message, and the sentiment that went into it. ;)

Grumble.. mumble..

~Shy

Next time...

I waited to comment and held my comment, Shy, simply because I don't agree with your sentiment. As a person who was injured on the job almost two years ago and has not worked since, any dollars added to my meager budget, with no income, could not be absorbed. Under normal circumstances, I would agree. So thinking along those lines, should they increase the ability of the program, I agree, they should "grandfather in" those of use who already have licenses, however, leave the option open for donations to support ongoing development and support.

I waited to comment and held my comment, Shy, simply because I don't agree with your sentiment. As a person who was injured on the job almost two years ago and has not worked since, any dollars added to my meager budget, with no income, could not be absorbed. Under normal circumstances, I would agree. So thinking along those lines, should they increase the ability of the program, I agree, they should "grandfather in" those of use who already have licenses, however, leave the option open for donations to support ongoing development and support.

I agree with your thoughts under the circumstances that bring them to light. In this day and age it is almost unheard of for ANY company-for-profit to offer a lifetime license; especially a company that also offers support for the unlimited license. I feel for you as I am out of a job as well, albeit voluntarily, since I am retired and on social security. So please don't take any of my comments as argumentative or lacking sensitivity to your circumstance. I paid for a lifetime license for a "Malware" program.. a darned good one.

If they suddenly added an antivirus component, I feel it is beyond what I payed for by a great margin. As long as they still offered the stand-alone MBAMPro I paid for, along with a version that has a antivirus integrated within, I would only feel entitled, still, to the continually updated (databases,etc) MBAMPro stand-alone as that is all I paid for. If I could not pay more for the integrated version, there are plenty of "free" antivirus programs that I could add to my copy of MBAMPro..

Please do not take my comments negatively or as a personal affront to you. It is JUST my opinion, and like most, everyone has one. ;) Thank you for giving me my say.

~Shy

I swear; it's like I'm talking to myself MOST of the time.. And I spent a LOT of time on how I worded that message http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?s=&showtopic=68972&view=findpost&p=356360, and the sentiment that went into it. ;)

Grumble.. mumble..

~Shy

Next time... Boom; to the moon Alice..

So you have to ask yourself, did you write those nice things just to convey a sincere sentiment, or did you write them so that someone would write back and thank you?

I view it as not unlike holding a door open for someone.

I used to think they were rude if they didn't say 'thank you',

but then I realized that they didn't ask me to hold the door for them...

I held it because it made me feel better to be nice.

If they thanked me, great. If not, that's okay too.

Just my 2

So you have to ask yourself, did you write those nice things just to convey a sincere sentiment, or did you write them so that someone would write back and thank you?

I view it as not unlike holding a door open for someone.

I used to think they were rude if they didn't say 'thank you',

but then I realized that they didn't ask me to hold the door for them...

I held it because it made me feel better to be nice.

If they thanked me, great. If not, that's okay too.

Just my 2

I agree with your thoughts under the circumstances that bring them to light. In this day and age it is almost unheard of for ANY company-for-profit to offer a lifetime license; especially a company that also offers support for the unlimited license. I feel for you as I am out of a job as well, albeit voluntarily, since I am retired and on social security. So please don't take any of my comments as argumentative or lacking sensitivity to your circumstance. I paid for a lifetime license for a "Malware" program.. a darned good one.

If they suddenly added an antivirus component, I feel it is beyond what I payed for by a great margin. As long as they still offered the stand-alone MBAMPro I paid for, along with a version that has a antivirus integrated within, I would only feel entitled, still, to the continually updated (databases,etc) MBAMPro stand-alone as that is all I paid for. If I could not pay more for the integrated version, there are plenty of "free" antivirus programs that I could add to my copy of MBAMPro..

Please do not take my comments negatively or as a personal affront to you. It is JUST my opinion, and like most, everyone has one. ;) Thank you for giving me my say.

~Shy

That would be my concern, that like the update from 1.46 to 1.50, is that is sort of becomes mandatory with only one year left of support for the 1.46. I agree, that the basic lifetime license should be honored, and supported, however, the "option" should be there to opt in for the new advantages with additional fees. I am comfortable with the great job the software does now, as I run a separate anti-virus and firewall which cost me no additional fees.

I did not feel that your comments were a personal affront to me nor negative, just stating my circumstances. :)

As long as I've been around this company, first as a user/outsider and now as an employee, I have never seen them even once leave their users, free or paid, out in the cold so I'm certain that regardless of what changes are made down the road, our lifetime license holders will retain something of great value even if they don't purchase whatever additional features etc that may come later on.

I have never seen them even once leave their users, free or paid, out in the cold so I'm certain that regardless of what changes are made down the road, our lifetime license holders will retain something of great value even if they don't purchase whatever additional features etc that may come later on.

This is one of the reasons that I really like Malwarebytes. ;)

Thanks for the reassurance from both of the two above posts. I can say this, that after my wife's computer had to be replaced, and my hard drive on my laptop, due to malware, that Malwarebytes' rocks.

I was running McAfee, as she was and it allowed "critters" to get through. McAfee is paid for by AT&T/Yahoo, our internet provider, however, because of its faults we run AVG free with better results. It was McAfee, troubleshooting my system "live" through remote access, that I became aware of Malwarebytes'. McAfee installed it on my machine, the free version, to find what they could not.

Since then, we started with the free version and it worked so well, we licensed both machines in our household. I agree, support is great, and always available. That is so rare in this day and age for any software or application that I have used over the years.

Since the installation of Malwarebytes' free and the licensed version, no malware has gotten by and infected either system. There were a few technical issues with AVG and Malwarebytes, but as early stated in this thread, they were worked out with quick and great support from Malwarebytes'.

Keep up the great work.

What is the installer file called for the update version?

I had the old version and also use Winpatrol, it detected a new program wanting to install once and I try to be very careful about this type of stuff before okaying something. It was an exe file but it wasn't MBAM or whatever like when you first install the program.

Your help would be appreciated.

• Staff
What is the installer file called for the update version?

I had the old version and also use Winpatrol, it detected a new program wanting to install once and I try to be very careful about this type of stuff before okaying something. It was an exe file but it wasn't MBAM or whatever like when you first install the program.

Your help would be appreciated.

Depending on which of our Trusted Download sites it comes from, either mbam-setup.exe or mbam-setup-1.50.0.0.exe