help, " Default Extension1.0 (Unpacked) chrome extension

help, me plz... this" Default Extension1.0(Unpacked)" is in my chrome extentions, i can delet it when i do it returns upon restart of chrome . So I deleted chrome, wipe the free drive, waited a week and then install chrome again... not there... a week later its back... in the extentions list. and again cant delete

It highjackes any google search pages links, messes with typing, so I came here to use this software , did not find anything... and yet it is still there.

so it seem this is just something in chrome, and no where else ??? according to malwarebyts, but it cant find that its [pc/chrome] is doing something wrong

When I try to shut down the PC rundll32.exe has to be forced to close so to shut down.

​i use micr essentialls - can i run both at same time or do i shut down one for the other ?

any help plz would be great

• Root Admin

Hello and welcome to Malwarebytes

If you think you are infected, here are the steps needed to get your computer cleaned....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

Don't use any temporary file cleaners unless requested - this can cause data loss and make recovery difficult

You have 3 Options that you can choose from as listed below:

• Option 1 —— Free Expert advice in the Malware Removal Forum
  • Option 2 —— Paying customer -- Contact Support via email
  • Option 3 —— Premium, Fee-Based Support

OPTION 1

As we don't deal with malware removal in the
General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum
, you need to start a topic in the

Malware Removal forum

so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems or infections you may have.
  • Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete.
  • After posting your new post, make sure under options, you select Follow this topic and choose Instantly,
    so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.

NOTE: Please do not post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies.

If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.

• If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
      Or
    • You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

OPTION 2

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at
support@malwarebytes.org
or
here

OPTION 3

If you would like to use our
Malwarebytes Premium Consumer Services
partner, Comprehensive solutions to all your computer support needs—from installation and set-up to troubleshooting and tune-ups go to our
Malwarebytes Premium Services
support site.

Please be patient, someone will assist you as soon as possible.

1.) Thanks bunches for replying back

2,) Maleware says im not infected and Micro Essensial too agrees.

--question: Can I have both running in the background protecting or what ?? do I turn off one or the other ???

can it cause issues with two of the same programs working at the same time... or something on that line ??????

3.) I think it is a Browser Highjack, seem [ reading on this board] many others too.

--- but I only have browser problem - search engine redirect - I locaded it to Default Extension1.0 (unpacked)

---- I posted in this forum to see how a.) can I delet this offending redireing chrome extention and b.) would malewarebyte find bad extentions ?????

PS sorry I did not mean to seem to be bumping thread, I wanted to add PS to the OP but there was not edit to the OP.

---------- FYI Forum Mod called [prevent Double Posts] that would stop double posts and you would not have to allowed edit still.

Update and [maybe]solution [time will tell]While I ran this software and Micro and super anti... in that time, I surfed on FF, since chrome was redircting me everywhere, and after a while, gues what FireFox got it too... and the redirects where to the same IP bounce sites.

Now that extention in FireFox was called "performance cache 1.0" by Identity ltd. that too if I deleted it from extention would pop back in the list when I restarted my FF browser. GRR

So solusion

In chrome >> settings >>> Personal stuff >>> delet this user >>> [yes]

when I did that all extensions and setting where deleted. I closed browser cleaned drive, open FF removed/deleted performance and it too stayed gone ...

and so far that "default" hasnt come back,

well that is what I have found to work.

I'll post if it comes back and if you ask Ill post that redirect string, I did find it[the string] posted on a maleware connect page with a list of bad yuk - about 8 things that where trogen assosated that the page from the redirect... But I only have one extention, and redirects are "ask me first" setting so that may be why I did not get infected [??] It is the only reason I found that extention, it was the second one in my list... not hard to find.

well I hope this help someone else, and that my wasted day from some POS laying maleware eggs on the net allowed me to meet you all, and maybe help some one .

Update and [maybe]solution [time will tell]While I ran this software and Micro and super anti... in that time, I surfed on FF, since chrome was redircting me everywhere, and after a while, gues what FireFox got it too... and the redirects where to the same IP bounce sites.

Now that extention in FireFox was called "performance cache 1.0" by Identity ltd. that too if I deleted it from extention would pop back in the list when I restarted my FF browser. GRR

It may be a system wide problem and not a Browser specific problem.

If either or both reoccur, you may have to move the thread to.. Malware Removal - HijackThis Logs after reading; I'm infected - What do I do now?

2,)question: Can I have both running in the background protecting or what ?? do I turn off one or the other ???

can it cause issues with two of the same programs working at the same time... or something on that line ??????

Yes you can have both MSE and Malwarebytes active at both times. Some users need to enter exceptions for them to work together, if you want to enter exceptions you can find them in the FAQ HERE.

PS sorry I did not mean to seem to be bumping thread, I wanted to add PS to the OP but there was not edit to the OP.

---------- FYI Forum Mod called [prevent Double Posts] that would stop double posts and you would not have to allowed edit still.

You will be able to edit your posts once you have reached a post count of 50.

• 1 year later...

So far, the following has helped me with this problem:

1.) Launch Chrome

2.) In the upper right you will see three bars - tool tip = "Customize and control Google Chrome" - click this

3.) Click settings

4.) On the left of the following screen click "extensions"

5.) Check the check box that says "Developer Mode"

6.) Click on the Default 1.0 extension

7.) You should now see where the files for this extension are physically stored on your hard drive

8.) In my case the folder for this rogue was located at: C:\Users\5churg01\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions\DefaultExtension

9.) Delete the "DefaultExtension" folder

10.) Launch Chrome and confirm solved