She may have Dad wrapped around her little finger but...

ShyWriter

...Mama doesn't play that game.. :P

TWglf.jpg

Mom's Facebook humiliation of mouthy teen daughter

A mother, tired of her 13-year-old daughter's mouthiness, decides to post on the daughter's Facebook page a picture of the daughter with a large cross over her mouth.

(Comment: And here comes the ALCU; wanna bet?? -Shy)

by Chris Matyszczyk

April 25, 2012 11:56 PM PDT

girl_610x283.png

(Credit: Screenshot: Chris Matyszczyk/CNET)

I am sure that they'll kiss and make up in around 30 years.

Currently, though, I can imagine there is something of a standoff between an Ohio mom and her voluble little 13-year-old.

As WKYC TV tells it, Denise Abbott warned her daughter that if she discovered her mouthing off on Facebook again, she would lose it for a month. This would surely be the equivalent of removing her daughter's pinkie.

"If she can't talk respectfully to me, she won't be able to talk to anyone else either," Abbott said of little Ava.

It seems that Ava might have gone too far, so mom barred her as she promised. However, she did a little more. She created a little picture on her Dell computer, a picture that adorned Ava's Facebook page.

It featured her face with a large cross across her lips.

"When you put everything on Facebook, you have to realize that there's a consequence to all of your actions," mom explained sagely.

So the white-crossed lip pic also had some words upon it.

They read: "I do not know how to keep my mouth shut. I am no longer allowed on Facebook or my phone. Please ask why. My mom says I have to answer everyone that asks."

Some, naturally, will feel Ava's pain. No Facebook and no phone? Seriously? That's so gross.

Many parents will feel this is a slightly more palatable echo of the parental attitude of Tommy Jordan. He was the father who shot his daughter's laptop after she had allegedly crossed him with her vocabulary on Facebook.

Somehow, though, Ava still has e-mail. For WKYC TV managed to get a comment from her using that slightly archaic medium.

"I was mean to my and spoke disrespectful [sic] to her in front of my friends," she said. "It made me realize that I didn't want my picture on there like that because all of my friends were asking me what happened and what I did."

Of course, some might find mom's attitude a little harsh. How else, though, ought one to deal with such public brattishness? One solution would be to persuade Mark Zuckerberg to raise the minimum age on Facebook to, say, 18.

Still, when you see 20-year-olds posting naked pictures of their ex on Facebook because they got dumped, then it seems that reasonable sanctions simply don't cut it, even for those of allegedly mature age.

We're all living in the Age of Unreason, aren't we?

SOURCE: http://news.cnet.com...y-teen-daughter

Steve