runtime error 13 mismatch

Just a quick thought.

Please could everyone with the runtime error 13 mismatch problem check that the regional system settings on the computer are set correctly for where they live. eg: geographical location, time, date, currency, correct time zone, etc.

I don't know if this will fix the problem, but it could help to eliminate a known possible cause of it.

Just a quick thought.

Please could everyone with the runtime error 13 mismatch problem check that the regional system settings on the computer are set correctly for where they live. eg: geographical location, time, date, currency, correct time zone, etc.

I don't know if this will fix the problem, but it could help to eliminate a known possible cause of it.

You are a marvel, Marktreq

My time setting was wrong instead of AM and PM, it had my christian name how odd is that? I changed it to the right thing and it's worked, all back to normal. I did a right click scan all ok and then opened Malwarebytes, downloaded the latest update and did a quick scan and it's fine. Thank you and all the others we got there in the end.

Best wishes Dozydora :)

• Staff
Just a quick thought.

Thanks, what made you decide to look at this of all places?

@ cabby-44 -

Issue #3<<<-- here is one reason why exile360 wants people to set their own topics - As you can note many times one antivirus may react with Malwarebytes and another A/V may supply it's own fixes - There are also several versions of A/V's listed in this thread -

Kaspersky has listed 2 of its systems to show how to exclude certain processes that may adversly affect your ability to run some programs -

You may also note we usually ask for your Operating System and the version of Anti Virus that you use -

Thank You -

You note that you have the same problem (error 13) - This is a M/soft message and as you saw marktreg sourced the main error message so far -

EDIT - Can you please use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the page when responding -

I have followed all the various suggestions and still this program is exhibiting the same error 13. This is the free edition at the moment because I cannot see any reason for purchasing something that does not word correctly.

I am using viata home premium sp2 - avg 9 - firefox 3.6.3 - superantispyware - malwarebyte 1.46 - roboform

I have completely removed the program - cleaned the registry - restarted the PC - re-installed the latest version 1.46...................

It appears that it might be time to abandon this software all together - there seems to be no acknowledgement that there is a problem from management.

• Staff
It appears that it might be time to abandon this software all together - there seems to be no acknowledgement that there is a problem from management.
Not sure where you're reading, but this is something we've been looking into, so far the solution currently being applied works most of the time, but not in all cases.

Now we'll need to collect more data to figure out why.

@ edwardw

Hi edwardw,

Could you please try the following and tell us whether or not it fixes the problem?

In Control Panel > Regional & Language Options

Click on Customise this format..

Click on the Numbers tab and click Reset then click Apply.

Click on the Currency tab and click Reset then click Apply.

Click on the Time tab and click Reset then click Apply.

Click on the Date tab and click Reset then click Apply.

Then click OK then click Apply and then click OK to exit the Regional & Language Options box.

Then try Malwarebytes again.

I hope this works for you. Please let us know either way. :)

If this basic fix doesn't work we have another fix which you can try.

@ edwardw

Hi edwardw,

Could you please try the following and tell us whether or not it fixes the problem?

In Control Panel > Regional & Language Options

Click on Customise this format..

Click on the Numbers tab and click Reset then click Apply.

Click on the Currency tab and click Reset then click Apply.

Click on the Time tab and click Reset then click Apply.

Click on the Date tab and click Reset then click Apply.

Then click OK then click Apply and then click OK to exit the Regional & Language Options box.

Then try Malwarebytes again.

I hope this works for you. Please let us know either way. :)

If this basic fix doesn't work we have another fix which you can try.

Hi there Marktreg --

I really appreciate your help and I am more than pleased to report that your solution did indeed work.

As yet I have only used the quick scan but plan now to try the complete scan....................

Fingers crossed that this error has now been corrected.........

Many Many Many grateful thanks to all who tried

Regards

Edward

@ cabby-44 -

Issue #3<<<-- here is one reason why exile360 wants people to set their own topics - As you can note many times one antivirus may react with Malwarebytes and another A/V may supply it's own fixes - There are also several versions of A/V's listed in this thread -

Kaspersky has listed 2 of its systems to show how to exclude certain processes that may adversly affect your ability to run some programs -

You may also note we usually ask for your Operating System and the version of Anti Virus that you use -

Thank You -

You note that you have the same problem (error 13) - This is a M/soft message and as you saw marktreg sourced the main error message so far -

EDIT - Can you please use the ADD REPLY Tab at the bottom of the page when responding -

[/quote

Sorry "N" I meant no offence. All the best.

The solution is quite simple. You just have to remove the name you put next to the clock and ready, problem solved.

So we have resolved in the spyware forum and it works perfectly, even the 1.46 version.

Thank you for your interest.

Greetings.

The solution is quite simple. You just have to remove the name you put next to the clock and ready, problem solved.

So we have resolved in the spyware forum and it works perfectly, even the 1.46 version.

Thank you for your interest.

Greetings.

This simple solution worked fine with both cases which I was helping with. We had tested the other solucions offered, but hadnt worked.

The two users that reported this problem had their names showing next to the time stamp of Windows.

Both were using Windows XP SP3, and had added their names next to the time stamp by editing a registry key "sTimeFormat".

Thanks very much for all the comments and help given on this forum.

I will stay arround :angry:

• 5 months later...

Hi -

Please note that speedycomputer.com (the company in the shortcut) is in no way a Microsoft company or related to Microsoft -

They only buy a "Certified Partener" membership for $xxx per year - We also do not advise the use of these programs -

Thank You -

This item usuallr fixes a Runtime 13 error -

Please do the following, use the instructions appropriate to your version of Windows:

Fix MBAM Run-time error '13': Type mismatch problem in Windows XP:

• Click Start and select Control Panel
  • Open Regional & Language Options
  • Click on Customize...
  • Click on the Time tab
  • In the Time format box, click the drop-down menu and select hh:mm:ss tt
  • In the Time separator box, click the drop-down menu and select :
  • In the AM symbol box, click the drop-down menu and select AM
  • In the PM symbol box, click the drop-down menu and select PM
  • Click Apply then click OK then click Apply then click OK to exit the Regional & Language Options box
  • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and run a Quick Scan

Fix MBAM Run-time error '13': Type mismatch problem in Windows Vista:

• Click the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Open Regional & Language Options
  • Click on Customize this format...
  • Click on the Time tab
  • In the Time format box, click the drop-down menu and select hh:mm:ss tt
  • In the AM symbol box, click the drop-down menu and select AM
  • In the PM symbol box, click the drop-down menu and select PM
  • Click Apply then click OK then click Apply then click OK to exit the Regional & Language Options box
  • Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and run a Quick Scan

Thank You -

• 6 years later...

Had the same prob, couldn't install. Long story short, i copied the dll file that came on my disc to windows, system 32 folder, tried install again and worked. This is on windows 7 64 bit. Could be different folder for 32bit. Hope this helps.