Can't update with version 1.45 MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12150, 0, WinHttpQueryHeaders)

@ GRUMPY -

Most of the people with early problems are now able to fully update and access the program - Please use the Help & Support or the Get Support tabs that you have on your Norton - There may be a simple answer from them instead of the time that you have spent here -

They offer support for you, can you please try it and then post back - You seem to be the only problem from the 1 million downloads/updates that still exists - Adding the exclusions has worked for many and I will add the other solution that worked -

Your Norton lists it as 3.8.0.41 , 2009 - Norton 360 current version is V4

OK I get the message "It's not our problem, go away".

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VIPRE -

MOST IMPORTANT, the only way I've found to avoid startup conflicts is to set MBAM *not* to load at startup. Despite a successful

install, I found that this DOES create hangups. So, I boot the system up, and once everything (including WISE) has loaded, I then start

MBAM and enable active protection. It doesn't seem to matter if WISE has done its update check yet before starting MBAM,

but I usually allow it to do so. (The other options, as you know, are to add that registry tweak to delay the MBAM startup, or to use

WinPatrol to configure MBAM for a custom, delayed start.)

* Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and click once on the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder

to highlight it

* Right-click in the white space on the right and highlight New and select DWORD Value

* Name the value "delayguistart" (no quotes) and then press Enter

* Double-click on the delayguistart entry you just created and click the circle next to Decimal and type 60 for the value

* That will cause MBAM to delay itself 60 seconds before starting

This is part of a script we are working on to solve the VIPRE problem - :rolleyes:

@ GRUMPY -

I have only offered you another option -

If you read post # 6 in this thread AdvancedSetup has offered you personal help via support @ malwarebytes - This was so he can get the programmers to assist you personally - You have chosen to keep this thread open -

I hope you followed all the advice in the post I left above -

Thank You -

@ GRUMPY -

I have only offered you another option -

If you read post # 6 in this thread AdvancedSetup has offered you personal help via support @ malwarebytes - This was so he can get the programmers to assist you personally - You have chosen to keep this thread open -

I hope you followed all the advice in the post I left above -

Thank You -

I had no idea that post #6 was an offer of personal help. it simply says:

Please contact the Help Desk and they should be able to assist you with this.

You can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Thank you.

I did send an e-mail to support@malwarebytes but never received a reply which is why I continued here. I'll try again.

And yes, I have followed all the advice given but to no avail.

Tony

They generally respond within a day, if not sooner. If you sent your support request before that then please make sure to check the spam filter on your email to ensure it hasn't blocked their replies.

Also, I did previously have a user who had issues with MBAM and Norton 360 version 3.8, removing 3.8 and upgrading to the latest 4.0 resolved their problem, I'm not sure if you've upgraded or not.

Hello everyone.... ;) I am [a paid customer] affected by the problem from the thread title. MBAM 1.45 updates perfectly, if I temporarily disable my firewall (Sunbelt Personal Firewall).

I tried to add exceptions for MBAM 1.45 to the HIPS section, but none of the MBAM exe files would save (not mbam.exe or mbamservice.exe or mbamgui.exe). Also, SPF only allows exe files to be saved to the list. Other programs (exe files as well) are currently saved in that same list. I checked with Sunbelt, & I seem to be doing all I can do to get MBAM to update without giving the error & without having to temporarily disable the firewall every time.

There were no conflicts with the previous version & the same build of SPF I am currently using.

Is there no other way than temporarily disabling the firewall EACH time or even switching to another firewall? (I still have about a year or so left on my SPF subscription!! :rolleyes: )

Hello,

I have the same problem !

This morning I ran MBAM and pressed update button.

The product upgraded to MBAM v1.45 fine.

Now when I press update, I Get :

MBAM_ERROR_UPDATING (12029,0,WinHttpSendRequest)

Guess what : no antivirus and no firewall at all on my system (yes I know, I shouldn't...!)

So what's the problem then ?

--Pierre

I added this website mbam-cdn.malwarebytes.org to the allowed websites section of Vipre Professional's firewall portion and the end result is still the same. I still get the same error 12150,0. It's not necessary to add the list of files to the "always allowed" portion of Vipre AV, again this didn't allow for updates. By just unchecking the "Enable Web Filtering" option/box, Malwarebytes works as advertised. So what changed?

I added this website mbam-cdn.malwarebytes.org to the allowed websites section of Vipre Professional's firewall portion and the end result is still the same. I still get the same error 12150,0. It's not necessary to add the list of files to the "always allowed" portion of Vipre AV, again this didn't allow for updates. By just unchecking the "Enable Web Filtering" option/box, Malwarebytes works as advertised. So what changed?

I am still getting that error update message for the version. The ONLY way that I can update with NORTON is to disable the firewall and then it downloads as easy as my laptop with AVG and ZONE ALARM. Your are right that it seems to be NORTON fault, I would hope that they respond to this issue quickly. Shouldn't have to play programmer in order to get this to work right.

I have followed post #48 steps precisely.

Things remain the same : error 12029.

What seems strange to me is that v1.44 update works perfectly and updates to v1.45.

In the minute following the update, I run MBAM again and press the update button and it stops working (no reboot, nothing changed at all).

And you seem to tell me that the problem is due to my configuration... mmmm seems strange.

--Pierre

Please contact the Help Desk and they should be able to assist you with this.

You can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org

Thank you.

As per the problem describeed above.... I've the same problem, and it ocurred as an update to the previous free version, as well.

I'm using ZoneAlarm (paid for version) 2009. Logically, we can definitively conclude that the problem in your latest version of Malwarebytes exists across firewall vendors.

(I'm using the Free version of your program. I assume that you are responding to a user of the Paid-for version of your program, as you referred the thread-poster to the "Help Desk".)

Therefore, presumably the problem exists within both versions of youi own program.

I look foward to your next version, as taking down my firewall (in order to update Malwarebytes is not something I like doing. BTW.... Yes... I've added your update site's IP to the Trusted Zone of the Firewall and that did not solve the problem. It is definitely related to something that firewalls capture, but it appears that the installation of your latest version could be the issue that is causing the problem. You might want your staff to check your installation code.)

I look foward to your next update, as I've been using your program without any such problems that required me to bring down my firewall (to perform an update of Malwarebytes) for the past 6 months.

please try unchecking the "Enable Web Filtering" in the MBAM tray icon and then wait a minute or two and try to get an update again.

I can find no such option under "Settings" on your free version. I assume, by your suggestion, that the problem exists in both the Paid-for and Free-versions of Malwarebytes.

please try unchecking the "Enable Web Filtering" in the MBAM tray icon and then wait a minute or two and try to get an update again.

You might find it of interest to note that during the short time I've been on this thread that:

"7 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users"

are reading this thread. (Copied fromo below.)

I assume it is because there are more people experiencing the same issue, than are members of these forums and are actually posting to you about the problem.

I can find no such option under "Settings" on your free version. I assume, by your suggestion, that the problem exists in both the Paid-for and Free-versions of Malwarebytes.

That option exists for the paid version -

"7 User(s) are reading this topic (5 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users"

are reading this thread. (Copied fromo below.)

This can include Google , Yahoo , MSN , etc. etc. - If you look at the bottom of the Main Forum area there is several listed "crawlers" that are not members , just observers of events that occur -

Thank You - :)

Sunbelt customers: If you own VIPRE and are still infected after following these two steps, you can receive free expert malware removal by contacting Sunbelt Sofware support or visiting the Malwarebytes forum.

I assume that this is what you are pointing to - We will assist in the removal of any infection that passes your VIPRE system if Sunbelt Software support is unable to assist you first - I ask you to at least please contact Sunbelt to see if their support can also assist , as it is their program that is blocking your updates from here - I do not know of their latest updates as I only have the free version of VIPRE installed on my computer at this time - (for assessment) -

I was not aware this had been posted as I am not a part of Malwarebytes Company - Just someone attempting to assist you -

Thank You for pointing me to this -

I assume that this is what you are pointing to - We will assist in the removal of any infection that passes your VIPRE system if Sunbelt Software support is unable to assist you first - I ask you to at least please contact Sunbelt to see if their support can also assist , as it is their program that is blocking your updates from here - I do not know of their latest updates as I only have the free version of VIPRE installed on my computer at this time -

Thank You for pointing me to this -

No, I was just trying to clarify my earlier post regarding partnering and your post about them being a "force unto its self" and not being able to test all AV's, relating to the current update issue with MBAM.

As far as their product goes , we have no affiliation that I know of - It is in the removal of infections that we attempt to use their programs (via our experts) and not in sales etc. - The item also lists "can you also contact Sunbelt for support" - Or words to that effect -

NOTE - We are not "kicking you away but we want you to get as much help (even if it is not here) that you can - Sunbelt operates its own forum and we hope they may also have a few answers -

Thanks darth -

As far as their product goes , we have no affiliation that I know of - It is in the removal of infections that we attempt to use their programs (via our experts) and not in sales etc. - The item also lists "can you also contact Sunbelt for support" - Or words to that effect -

I just thought maybe there was more to this story that would help solve the compatibility issue. If nothing else, at least these two very good products and support teams are available!

And you seem to tell me that the problem is due to my configuration... mmmm seems strange.

Not at all - That script has solved hundreds of 'similar' problems - The error of (12029) can mean that a configuration on your Modem or your Internet has dropped out prior to the download being finished - This has occured many times with Dial up and people setting themselves to "work offline" -

Error: (12029) A connection with the Server could Not Be Established

The first object is to check your Internet Connection - I hope this explains why I used this method first -

Thank You -

Anyone using Vipre you need to disable an option in the Web Filtering section to get MBAM to update. It is in the Web Filter Settings tab and the option -

"When a web site directs me to another web site....." (See screen capture in attached file).

This will fix the issue with updates in 1.45 as it works for me now. :)

Vipre___MBAM_Updates.bmp