• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Please try the following:

Correct Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Runtime Errors:

• Please copy and paste the following text in the Code box exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):
    if exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll"
    if exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ssubtmr6.dll"
    if exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\vbalsgrid6.ocx"
    if not exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll"
    if not exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ssubtmr6.dll"
    if not exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\vbalsgrid6.ocx"

• Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...
  • In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files
  • Name the file MBAM Fix.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it on XP. Note: For Windows Vista and Windows 7 right click on it and choose Run As Administrator
  • Click OK to each of the 3 dialog boxes that should show a success message for each file registered
  • If you get an error that REGSVR32 "is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file", then ensure that the file REGSVR32.EXE exists in the C:\SYSTEM32 folder. If it's not found there you can copy if from another Computer running the same operating system and service pack level.

If that doesn't fix it then please download and install the Service Pack 6 for Visual Basic 6.0 from here to see if it helps.

Let me know how it goes.

Please do the following:

• Please copy and paste the following text exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):
    @color 48
    @echo off
    reg query "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders" /s>"%userprofile%\desktop\Info.txt"
    reg query "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders" /s>>"%userprofile%\desktop\Info.txt"
    reg query "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders" /s>>"%userprofile%\desktop\Info.txt"
    set>>"%userprofile%\desktop\Info.txt"
    "%userprofile%\desktop\Info.txt"
    del /f /q "%userprofile%\desktop\Info.txt"
    del /f /q %0

Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...

• In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files
  • Name the file Check.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it.
  • Once it finishes it will open the file it created in notepad, please copy and paste the file's contents into your next reply.

Thanks. Here is the text.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
!Do not use this registry key REG_SZ Use the SHGetFolderPath or SHGetKnownFolderPath function instead
AppData REG_SZ C:\Users\August\AppData\Roaming
Local AppData REG_SZ C:\Users\August\AppData\Local
My Video REG_SZ C:\Users\August\Videos
{1B3EA5DC-B587-4786-B4EF-BD1DC332AEAE} REG_SZ C:\Users\August\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Libraries
My Pictures REG_SZ C:\Users\August\Pictures
Desktop REG_SZ C:\Users\August\Desktop
History REG_SZ C:\Users\August\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History
NetHood REG_SZ C:\Users\August\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts
{56784854-C6CB-462B-8169-88E350ACB882} REG_SZ C:\Users\August\Contacts
Cookies REG_SZ C:\Users\August\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies
Favorites REG_SZ C:\Users\August\Favorites
SendTo REG_SZ C:\Users\August\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo
Start Menu REG_SZ C:\Users\August\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
My Music REG_SZ C:\Users\August\Music
Programs REG_SZ C:\Users\August\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
Recent REG_SZ C:\Users\August\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent
CD Burning REG_SZ C:\Users\August\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Burn\Burn
PrintHood REG_SZ C:\Users\August\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Printer Shortcuts
{7D1D3A04-DEBB-4115-95CF-2F29DA2920DA} REG_SZ C:\Users\August\Searches
{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B} REG_SZ C:\Users\August\Downloads
{A520A1A4-1780-4FF6-BD18-167343C5AF16} REG_SZ C:\Users\August\AppData\LocalLow
Startup REG_SZ C:\Users\August\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
Administrative Tools REG_SZ C:\Users\August\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools
Personal REG_SZ C:\Users\August\Documents
{BFB9D5E0-C6A9-404C-B2B2-AE6DB6AF4968} REG_SZ C:\Users\August\Links
Cache REG_SZ C:\Users\August\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files
Templates REG_SZ C:\Users\August\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates
{4C5C32FF-BB9D-43B0-B5B4-2D72E54EAAA4} REG_SZ C:\Users\August\Saved Games
Fonts REG_SZ C:\Windows\Fonts

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
AppData REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming
Cache REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Internet Files
Cookies REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Cookies
Desktop REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\Desktop
Favorites REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\Favorites
History REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\History
Local AppData REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local
My Music REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\Music
My Pictures REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\Pictures
My Video REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\Videos
NetHood REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Network Shortcuts
Personal REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\Documents
Programs REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
Recent REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Recent
SendTo REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo
Startup REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
Start Menu REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
Templates REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Templates
{374DE290-123F-4565-9164-39C4925E467B} REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\Downloads
PrintHood REG_EXPAND_SZ %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Printer Shortcuts

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
Common Desktop REG_SZ C:\Users\Public\Desktop
Common Start Menu REG_SZ C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu
CommonVideo REG_SZ C:\Users\Public\Videos
CommonPictures REG_SZ C:\Users\Public\Pictures
Common Programs REG_SZ C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs
CommonMusic REG_SZ C:\Users\Public\Music
Common Administrative Tools REG_SZ C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools
Common Startup REG_SZ C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
Common Documents REG_SZ C:\Users\Public\Documents
OEM Links REG_SZ C:\ProgramData\OEM Links
Common Templates REG_SZ C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Templates
Common AppData REG_SZ C:\ProgramData

ALLUSERSPROFILE=C:\ProgramData
APPDATA=C:\Users\August\AppData\Roaming
asl.log=Destination=file;OnFirstLog=command,environment
CLASSPATH=.;C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
CommonProgramFiles=C:\Program Files\Common Files
COMPUTERNAME=AUGUST-PC
ComSpec=C:\Windows\system32\cmd.exe
CSILOGLEVEL=NORMAL
FP_NO_HOST_CHECK=NO
HOMEDRIVE=C:
HOMEPATH=\Users\August
LOCALAPPDATA=C:\Users\August\AppData\Local
LOGONSERVER=\\AUGUST-PC
NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS=2
OS=Windows_NT
Path=C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files\Common-Use Signing Interface\JRE\bin;C:\Program Files\Smart Projects\IsoBuster;C:\Program Files\QuickTime\QTSystem\
PATHEXT=.COM;.EXE;.BAT;.CMD;.VBS;.VBE;.JS;.JSE;.WSF;.WSH;.MSC
PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE=x86
PROCESSOR_IDENTIFIER=x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13, GenuineIntel
PROCESSOR_LEVEL=6
PROCESSOR_REVISION=0f0d
ProgramData=C:\ProgramData
ProgramFiles=C:\Program Files
PROMPT=$P$G
PSModulePath=C:\Windows\system32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\Modules\
PUBLIC=C:\Users\Public
QTJAVA=C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\ext\QTJava.zip
SESSIONNAME=Console
SystemDrive=C:
SystemRoot=C:\Windows
TEMP=C:\Users\August\AppData\Local\Temp
TMP=C:\Users\August\AppData\Local\Temp
USERDOMAIN=August-PC
USERNAME=August
USERPROFILE=C:\Users\August
windir=C:\Windows

Please try the following:

• Click on the Start vista-7-start.png button and select Control Panel
  • Click on Programs and Features
  • Uninstall Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
  • Restart your computer very important
  • Download and run mbam-clean.exe from here
  • It will ask to restart your computer, please allow it to do so very important
  • Please copy and paste the following text exactly as written into notepad (not wordpad or any other text editor):
    @color 48
    @echo off
    rd /s /q "%allusersprofile%\application data\Malwarebytes"
    del /f /q %0

Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...

• Name the file Fix.bat (the .bat extension is very important)
  • Save the file to your desktop and right click on it and select Run as administrator then click Continue at the User Account Control prompt.
  • Install the latest version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from here

Please let me know how it goes.

Getting the same thing

Installing for the first time, on a clean WinXP SP3 install with all MS updates and no other AV/Malware software

So far no one has posted any weird env variables that would explain the error, so it seems the devil is in the code, not the users system

At this point the better question might be "who can install any of the last 2? versions of MBAM?"

Are you using AutoIt for coding this?, because the error codes remind me of it somehow

At this point the better question might be "who can install any of the last 2? versions of MBAM?"

I have never had these problems (XP SP3) but I can, at times, reproduce some and get out easily -

The post above by exile360 seems to work with many similar problems - I think you can just adapt for XP system -

Thanks -

I have never had these problems (XP SP3) but I can, at times, reproduce some and get out easily -

The post above by exile360 seems to work with many similar problems - I think you can just adapt for XP system -

Thanks -

Well none of the above "solutions" work

Instead of requiring the user to endlessly tinker with their system, how about you just fix your code

Then we can all be friends :lol:

@ aussie39 -

Mostly these problems exist in one or so individual units - You will find that the 600,500 who downloaded from Cnet last week (see General Chat area) have not had any problems - Add 300,000 from here plus another estimated 500,-600,000 from other sites and there is only a .0001% with any problems usually -

Most are conflicts with firewalls or anti virus programs not allowing access to Malwarebytes due to being over sensitive -

Generally there is no code problem unless you have coded the computer yourself to not accept the program -

I can update every day and have found no generic problems exist on a normal system -

I assume you use programs like CCleaner or ATF cleaner and do all the normal clean up/maintainence (defrag etc) as required -

Thank you for your input and we will keep trying for a personal solution for you unless you maybe infected with malware and wish us to check your system for you - Free naturally, as all our diagnostics are free -

Regards - :lol:

@ aussie39 -

Mostly these problems exist in one or so individual units - You will find that the 600,500 who downloaded from Cnet last week (see General Chat area) have not had any problems - Add 300,000 from here plus another estimated 500,-600,000 from other sites and there is only a .0001% with any problems usually -

Most are conflicts with firewalls or anti virus programs not allowing access to Malwarebytes due to being over sensitive -

Generally there is no code problem unless you have coded the computer yourself to not accept the program -

I can update every day and have found no generic problems exist on a normal system -

I assume you use programs like CCleaner or ATF cleaner and do all the normal clean up/maintainence (defrag etc) as required -

Thank you for your input and we will keep trying for a personal solution for you unless you maybe infected with malware and wish us to check your system for you - Free naturally, as all our diagnostics are free -

Regards - :lol:

As i stated earlier, i tried this on a clean XP SP3 system, nothing else installed, only windows updates (not infected with malware, in fact some of the latest updates will NOT install of it finds malware on your PC), no CCleaner no nothing.., i did this after trying it on my previous XP installation where it failed.

I believe that rules out any software on my system causing the conflict.

Also the fact that others have posted that (i think) v1.44 working without issue points to some sort of code regression.

Just thinking aloud....