---------------------------

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Run-time error '440':

Automation error

OK

I get the same thing after install and when I try to run the program.

What can I do?

:)

When I install Malwarebytes I've been getting a runtime error

--------------------------

vbAccelerator SGrid II Control

Run-time error '0'

OK

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Run-time error '440':

Automation error

OK

I get the same thing after install and when I try to run the program.

What can I do?

You're not alone. I am getting exactly the same errors on my machine. Any help out there?

• 1 month later...
I am experiencing the same error.

Does anyone have any suggestions to solve this problem?

This is quoted from one of the forum moderators. Many have been having this issue.

Welcome to Malwarebytes

Please try the following routine to see if you can get Malwarebytes to run.

Click on Start, click Run, and then type devmgmt.msc and click OK

On the View menu click on Show hidden devices

Browse to Non-Plug and Play Drivers and you should see something like TDSSserv.sys

Highlight that driver and right click on it and select DISABLE

Now RESTART your computer.

Download a copy of Malwarebytes but DO NOT run it yet.

Rename the downloaded installer file to any generic name such as your own name but keep the .EXE extension on the file and run it.

Once the program is installed go to the UPDATE tab and try to update the program if you can.

Then go to the SCANNER tab and run a Quick Scan and allow MBAM to fix anything found.

If that does work then please follow the routine below and post a new topic in the listed forum with the requested information.

Please read and follow the instructions provided here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=2936

When ready please post your logs here: http://www.malwarebytes.org/forums/index.php?showforum=7

Someone will be happy to assist you further with cleaning your system.

During this scan and cleanup process you should not install any other software unless requested to do so.

Please note that the above mentioned instructions are for those who can't install due to an Antivirus 2009 infection.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
This workaround did the trick for me.

Fire up command prompt, type in following commands:

regsvr32 mbamext.dll

regsvr32 ssubtmr6.dll

regsvr32 vbalsgrid6.ocx

regsvr32 zlib.dll

This workaround did the trick for me as well, but not the way i expected. After executing each command, nothing happened. Typically when something is registered with regsvr32 a popup box indicating success or failure pops up, unless the /s switch is applied (i work with COM).

I was like "uh oh," and i opened the task manager and sure enough, 3 different regsvr32.exe processes were jumping all over the place. They were being created and destroyed so quickly that any attempts to kill them resulted in an error, saying the process didn't exist.

I did a search for regsvr32.exe and found at least 5 copies of various sizes in various folders (in addition to the C:\windows\system32 where the real one lives). i deleted all except the one in C:\windows\system32, then tried it again, it did the same thing as before. I compared the file size to the one on my other computer and it was significantly different (real was 12K, malware was 68k). i copied the 12K known good version of regsvr32.exe to the infected computer in the C:\windows\system32 folder. I ran regsvr32 /? at the command line and i received the usage popup that i was expecting.

i then repeated the workaround suggested by halladayrules and was able to update and run malwarebytes anti-malware. That was the beginning of the "purification"

thanks for making the culprit show itself!

• 3 weeks later...

regsvr32 mbamext.dll

regsvr32 ssubtmr6.dll

regsvr32 vbalsgrid6.ocx

regsvr32 zlib.dll

This also did the trick for me. Thanks. I had a clean fresh system, with ZoneAlarm installed. When installing MBAM, ZoneAlarm poped up and asked me if to approve MBAM changing a reg key to autorun on each boot up. I said no, and I think that this also inhibited MBAM from continuing and registering the required components. So I regged them manually with regsvr32 (did not succeed in registering zlib - I got a message that it was loaded but no entry point was found), and now MBAM fires up without any problems.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi ,

i am having this problem from the past two weeks, after having installed Bitdefender Total security 2009. So i uninstalled it and then installed Avast free anti virus 5, But still i am having the same problem ! ,,,... I get a pop up box when i click on Malwarebytes saying :

" Run time error: '0'

and another one saying

Run time error '440':

Automation Error "

Please give me a solution. My PC is not infected by Antivirus 2009.

Iam damn sure about that.

Hi ,

i am having this problem from the past two weeks, after having installed Bitdefender Total security 2009. So i uninstalled it and then installed Avast free anti virus 5, But still i am having the same problem ! ,,,... I get a pop up box when i click on Malwarebytes saying :

" Run time error: '0'

and another one saying

Run time error '440':

Automation Error "

Please give me a solution. My PC is not infected by Antivirus 2009.

Iam damn sure about that.

My version of MalwareBytes is 1.45

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi, I was also having the same problem. I did as the FAQ said and got an error. Basically, it couldn't find the directories. If you are having the same problem, find where the program folder for your malwarebytes is and go on the top bar, and copy and paste it to replace everything except the last item after the slash

Example:

Before:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll"

After:

regsvr "C:\Program Files (x86)\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll"

Hope this helps

regsvr32 mbamext.dll

regsvr32 ssubtmr6.dll

regsvr32 vbalsgrid6.ocx

regsvr32 zlib.dll

On my computer, Anti-Malware was running OK until this morning. Figuring that some dll might not be registered correctly

After running the above commands, all of them but the last one was successful. The last one gives the error "zlib.dll was loaded, but the DLLRegisterServer entry point was not found. The file can not be registered." Copying zlib.dll from another computer also gave the same error. Anti-malware is running fine on that other computer.

HOWEVER, even with not being able to register zlib.dll, Anti-Malware will now run. Maybe zlib.dll is not supposed to be registered?

• 4 weeks later...
Are any of you still having this problem?

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! still having this problem and getting mad. error code 48, error code 0, error code 53, program_error_missing_file (2,0 mbamcore.dll), mbam_error_expanding_variables(0,453), file not found mbamcore, file not found mbamnet. why do i even have this software? this all started when i upgraded to 1.50.

why is this happening, and why is it so hard to get help when i am a paying customer??????????? i think i will just go back to a free version and ask for a refund. i am not happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I know this thread is nearly 2 years old but I thought it might be worth a shot.

Ive been infected with the antivirus software alert virus. After searching the internet ive collectively found that downloading rkill, and malwarebytes should get rid of this. After downloading malware bytes and installing it, i tried to run it and effectively end the virus but after running the program as an admin it comes up with the 'Run-time error 0' message and closes.

After reading about the cmd feature i attempted to do this, but once open the cmd box closed straight away with a security warning message appearing saying it has been infected. This is the same for any .exe program.

Any ideas on a way around?

Regards

Redman

Redman

Hi, and Welcome to Malwarebytes!

Before we can help you with getting Malwarebytes running on your computer, you need to get rid of the infection, to do that....

Please read the following so that you can begin the cleaning process:

As we don't deal with malware removal in the General Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Forum, you need to start a topic in the Malware Removal forum so a qualified helper can help you fix any malware related problems/infections you may have.

• Please read and follow the directions here, skipping any steps you are unable to complete. Then post a NEW topic here.
  • After posting your new post, make sure under options, you select Track this topic and choose Immediate Email Notification, so that you're alerted when someone has replied to your post.
  • One of the expert helpers there will give you one-on-one assistance when one becomes available.
  • Please refrain from making any further changes to your computer (Install/Uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc...) unless advised by a malware removal helper. Doing so can result in system changes which may hinder the attempts by a helper to clean your machine.

NOTE: Please DO NOT post back to (bump) your topic within the first 48 hours.

Replying to your own posts changes the post count and helpers are looking for topics with zero replies. If you reply to your own post helpers may think that you're already being helped and thus overlook your post.

• If there is no reply from any experts after 48 hours, you can reply to the topic, asking for help again.
      Or
    • You may send a Private Message to a Moderator asking for assistance.

Alternatively, as a paying customer, you can contact the help desk at support@malwarebytes.org or here.

Please be patient, someone will assist you as soon as it is possible.

PS: Please use the "ADDREPLY" t_reply.gif button instead of other ones when you start replying. :)

• 4 months later...

I just found this and it worked for me:

"open notepad and copy and paste the following

if exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll"

if exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ssubtmr6.dll"

if exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles(x86)%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\vbalsgrid6.ocx"

if not exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\mbamext.dll"

if not exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\ssubtmr6.dll"

if not exist "%programfiles(x86)%" regsvr32 "%programfiles%\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\vbalsgrid6.ocx"

Once you've done that click on File and select Save As...

In the Save dialogue box click on the drop down menu next to Save as type and select All Files

Name the file MBAM Fix.bat (the .bat extension is very important)

Save the file to your desktop and double click it to run it on XP. For Vista please right click on it and choose Run As Admin

Click OK to each of the 3 dialog boxes that should show a success message for each file registered"