MBAM Pro compatabile with ESET Smart Security 5

Hi Guys,

I have been running MBAM Pro with ESET Smart Security 5 for a while now with no problems.

but recently, since last week, I have found that there is an issue if they are both enabled on start up.

If I have both MBAM Pro and ESET Smart Security 5, windows will not log in, just gets stuck on the login screen. however if i disable either one on start up the machine boots normally.

at the moment I have to leave MBAM disabled on start up and manually start it once the machine has booted.

its important to note, there is no problems running both applications once the PC has booted, in looking at the windows logs, i can not see anything useful logged.

only thing i found was:

"A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the eventlog service."

"A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service."

"A timeout (30000 milliseconds) was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service."

has anyone else had this issue? is there a workaround, apart from manully starting MBAM every time i turn the pc on?

Thanks.

Hello and welcome, Danybash: :)

Sorry you're experiencing these new issues.

MBAM generally plays just fine with all of the major, popular AVs.

Please follow the instructions below and post back with the following logs as attachments to your next reply:

• Checkresults.txt from mbam-check
  • A couple of protection logs, if you have them
  • DDS.txt from DDS
  • Attach.txt from DDS

These will provide the MBAM staff with a bit of information that will help them to pinpoint the cause and the solution for you.

Thanks!

daledoc1

-----------------------------

Step 1 -- Create an mbam-check log:

Download mbam-check.exe from HERE and save it to your desktop.

Double-click on mbam-check.exe to run it, it should then open a log file.

Please attach to your next reply the CheckResults.txt file which should now be located on your desktop.

Then, if you can, please also upload your 3 most recent Protection module logs:

In Windows XP, these logs are located in: C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

In Windows Vista/7/8, these logs are located in: C:\ProgramData\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs

Step 2 -- Run DDS and create 2 logs:

Download DDS from one of the locations below and save it to your Desktop:

dds.scr

dds.com

Temporarily disable any script blocker if your Anti-Virus/Anti-Malware has it.

How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs

Once it is downloaded, you can disconnect from the Internet and disable your Ant-Virus temporarily if needed.

Then double click dds.scr or dds.com to run the tool, on Vista or Win 7 right click and select Run as administrator

Click the Run button if prompted with an Open File - Security Warning dialog box.

A black DOS console should open and run for a moment.

• When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:

1. DDS.txt
    2. Attach.txt

• Save both reports to your desktop
  • Please attach both of the following logs to your next reply: DDS.txt and Attach.txt
    --->You can ignore the note about zipping the Attach.txt file in most cases.

• Root Admin

Please uninstall Malwarebytes and reboot the computer a couple of times.

Then temporarily fully disable your Antivirus and run the DDS scan once again and post back the new logs as well as run this scanner.

Please download MiniToolBox save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following check-boxes:

• Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Devices
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
  • List Minidump Files

Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Note: When using Reset FF Proxy Settings option Firefox should be closed.

Makes sure to re-enable your antivirus when done with the scans.

Thanks

• Root Admin

It looks like there is some type of conflict going on between the two programs as the logs are clear when Malwarebytes has been removed.

Please reinstall MBAM and see if you can exclude the files and folders where MBAM is installed. Then inside Malwarebytes also exclude where ESET is installed.

Set ESET to trust, all the mbamscheduler and mbam in the Firewall as well.

Then reboot and see if that makes any difference and let us know please.

My suggestion to Dannybash is set your ESET's HIPS to "Learning mode", its new automated rules could have the cause for blocking Malwarebytes Service during Windows start up. Try to figure out those antivirus softwares' HIPS or IDS settings. The other option is unticking the Malwarebytes Service service during boot up through Windows msconfig, then run Malwarebytes after successfully logging in your Windows user's a/c. Anyway, you MUST remember to set Malwarebytes not to run on next Windows start up before you shut down Windows. Please share your practices with us after the above trials.