11 cents a gallon.. (What a "gas.")

It would not be so bad if had been making nearly 30 times as much money when gas jumped to 30x it's old price.

*laugh* That's true.. Kids these days don't think about 19 cents a pound hamburger meat or $0.89 gallon milk (when the US used to government-subsidize the milk price) or nickle soft drink machines..

You know you're old when you can remember getting white margarine with the pack of yellow that one had to mix into it to make it look like today's.. (Farmers were afraid if manufacturers made yellow margarine people would mistake it as being butter.. *a@s* )

Only real problem is some of us old farts on (US) social security are buying stuff at today's prices with entitlements based on what we were paid in some of those good old years.. which wasn't diddly.. :unsure:

Steve

*laugh* That's true.. Kids these days don't think about 19 cents a pound hamburger meat or $0.89 gallon milk (when the US used to government-subsidize the milk price) or nickle soft drink machines..

You know you're old when you can remember getting white margarine with the pack of yellow that one had to mix into it to make it look like today's.. (Farmers were afraid if manufacturers made yellow margarine people would mistake it as being butter.. *a@s* )

Only real problem is some of us old farts on (US) social security are buying stuff at today's prices with entitlements based on what we were paid in some of those good old years.. which wasn't diddly.. :unsure:

Steve

Ah yes i remember mixing the color into the margarine, that was that particular yellow that was later banned i think :unsure:

it must have been that and the aluminum pots that messed me up, took 60 years though ;)

Wayne

Ah yes i remember mixing the color into the margarine, that was that particular yellow that was later banned i think :unsure:

it must have been that and the aluminum pots that messed me up, took 60 years though ;)

Hope all is well with you and yours Wayne.. Happy Easter!

As for being messed up; I think I stuck a toe in that tar pool about 68 years ago with the pacifier still doing its thing.. :D:lol::D:lol:

Steve

I still remember watching a movie in the mid 90s when one of the evil villains plot was to start selling bottled water( and of course poison the worlds water supply) and stop selling gasoline because a gallon of water was worth 3x that as a gallon of gas... those were the days.

Guest Seagull

:lol: I remember in the late 90's riding in the car with my mom and she drove by a gas station and seeing $1.27 for gas, Its more then triple that now.

Now with gas on the rise again, we'll probably see gas hit $5.00 a gallon this summer. I am glad my car gets good gas mileage. :D

:lol: I remember in the late 90's riding in the car with my mom and she drove by a gas station and seeing $1.27 for gas, Its more then triple that now.

Now with gas on the rise again, we'll probably see gas hit $5.00 a gallon this summer. I am glad my car gets good gas mileage. :D

I paid $6.00 a gallon (imperial) today :angry2:

Can we have some of your nice cheap fuel please ?

Today the price of 1 litre of diesel is US$2.36 ............. that is $10.73 per imperial gallon or $8.93 per US gallon and we have more tax going on in 2 months time.

I'd be happy to give you some of our cheaper fuel if I could but you'd have to take the consequences that come along with it...

Such as eight lane bridges falling down in the middle of rush hour traffic, potholes deeper than foxholes, etc, et al.. Our infrastructure (paid for, in part, with gas taxes), I'm afraid, is coming down around our ears along with the rest of our economy.. I believe at last count, Discovery Channel (or CNBCnews) said we had over 60,000 UNSAFE bridges and thousands of miles of PRIMARY roads in very bad shape. :( :(

fNtJX.gif

Steve

I'd be happy to give you some of our cheaper fuel if I could but you'd have to take the consequences that come along with it...

Such as eight lane bridges falling down in the middle of rush hour traffic, potholes deeper than foxholes, etc, et al.. Our infrastructure (paid for, in part, with gas taxes), I'm afraid, is coming down around our ears along with the rest of our economy.. I believe at last count, Discovery Channel (or CNBCnews) said we had over 60,000 UNSAFE bridges and thousands of miles of PRIMARY roads in very bad shape. :( :(

fNtJX.gif

Steve

Sounds like the UK then, maybe our bridges are better built but the roads are so full of holes it's like driving on a farm track and we pay a "road fund license" on all vehicles, funny that the billions collected don't go on road maintenance.

I guess it is time to push to an electric car. I spend about ten dollars a day on gas during the week. That is probably equal/closes to a monthly car payment for an electric car.

I dunno Michael; I think I read in the Sunday newspaper that it takes an average (varies) of 7-10 years of electric car ownership to recover the extra cost; the exception was the Prius - 5 years to recover cost..

Steve

Right. I am saying that I could at least make the car payment with the money I am saving from not buying gas. By the time the car is payed for I would not have spent any more money then I would have. So you are right, it would take probably the life of the loan and then a year or two after(about 5-7 years) to pay for the car.

Right. I am saying that I could at least make the car payment with the money I am saving from not buying gas. By the time the car is payed for I would not have spent any more money then I would have. So you are right, it would take probably the life of the loan and then a year or two after(about 5-7 years) to pay for the car.

The GOOD news is if you're in one of those countries where gas costs $10-12 per imperial gallon you break even before the 3-year/36,000 mile warranty is gone.. *humor*

Steve

PS: With the price of diesel I'm looking really close at that VW Turbo.. :P Actually, if it were a more available fuel for private vehicles I'd get a car that runs on natural gas as the price of that fuel keeps dropping..