Help Needed to Remove Trojan.ZeroAccess!inf4

Hello, my computer recently became infected by this virus and I was notified by Norton Internet Security. I've been reading up on the problem and it appears that many others have run into this issue as well. I've tried just about everything possible to remove the virus, but it appears that I'm going to need some help. I'm desperate for a solution at this point so I will accept and appreciate any help regardless of the risk. For some background information, the infected computer is an Acer Aspire TimeLineX 4830T-6642 running Windows 7 SP1 64 bit. The file "services.exe" is infected. From reading other forum posts, it seems that a (FRST.txt) log and a (Search.txt) log for "services.exe" are requested by the virus experts in order to solve the problem for each particular computer. Because of this, I have already created these logs using the Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and have saved them to my flashdrive. I have attached the documents to this post in order to save time. Thanks in advance for taking time to save my computer, I am a college student and I depend on my laptop everyday for class work so the sooner we can fix this the better!

FRST.txt

Search.txt

Hello rcarstens and :welcome:! My name is Maniac and I will be glad to help you solve your malware problem.

Please note:

• If you are a paying customer, you have the privilege to contact the help desk at Consumer Support. If you choose this option to get help, please let me know.
  • I recommend you to keep the instructions I will be giving you so that they are available to you at any time. You can save them in a text file or print them.
  • Make sure you read all of the instructions and fixes thoroughly before continuing with them.
  • Follow my instructions strictly and don’t hesitate to stop and ask me if you have any questions.
  • Post your log files, don't attach them. Every log file should be copy/pasted in your next reply.

BACKDOOR WARNING

One or more of the identified infections is known to use a backdoor.

This allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would advice you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the infection has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do?

Help: I Got Hacked. Now What Do I Do? Part II

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?

When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do. If you decide to go through with the cleanup, please proceed with the following steps.

Open Notepad (Start => All Programs => Accessories => Notepad). Please copy the entire contents of the code box below. (To do this highlight the contents of the box, right click on it and select copy. Right-click in the open Notepad and select Paste). Save it on the flashdrive as fixlist.txt

C:\Windows\Installer\{69d9acf6-692b-0595-63df-f2c0e8d71764}

C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_32\Desktop.ini

C:\Windows\assembly\GAC_64\Desktop.ini

NOTICE: This script was written specifically for this user, for use on this particular machine. Running this on another machine may cause damage to your operating system

Now please enter System Recovery Options then select Command Prompt

Run FRST (or FRST64 if you have the 64bit version) and press the Fix button just once and wait.

The tool will make a log on the flashdrive (Fixlog.txt) please post it to your reply.

Reboot Normally.

• 4 weeks later...

Due to the lack of feedback this topic is closed to prevent others from posting here. If you need this topic reopened, please send a Private Message to any one of the moderating team members. Please include a link to this thread with your request. This applies only to the originator of this thread.

Other members who need assistance please start your own topic in a new thread. Thanks!