I hope that I'm posting this in the correct place. In a previous statement one of your staff (I believe') said:

"Currently, consumer licenses for use on personal home computers are a one-time, "lifetime" purchase with no renewal."

I believe this was posted in 2013. Have your policies changed? I just checked the price to upgrade and there is a yearly charge now!!!

Thanks for your help.

John

John,

The premium version of the product has changed from a lifetime license to an annual subscription.  The subscription is good for three computers.  Some people are upset about this, and some recognize that the value provided is well worth the cost.  Having had to deal with "cooties" in the past, I know how much time and energy I spent trying to get my computer back into proper working condition, AND what I could have been doing instead.  That's a determination you need to make for yourself, and my opinion may mean nothing.

This posting may end up being moved elsewhere...I don't know how to do that properly, so I don't want to leave debris for someone else to clean up.  Posting a new topic is the best thing to do if your subject is not directly related to the poster before you.

Hello and :welcome: , JohnGrant:

In addition to what @gonzo has advised, please note:

There is no cost to you to upgrade to version 2.0, if you already have a valid, paid, lifetime, consumer, 1-PC license for MBAM 1.x PRO.

You can upgrade to version 2.x and your paid license for 1.x will be migrated.

It will remain a lifetime, 1-PC license that can be transferred to a different computer (but not to a different user).

There is more info here: What does Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.0 mean for me?

You should be able to upgrade on top of your existing installation, but if you want to clean upgrade, just follow the steps here: MBAM Clean Removal Process 2x

Only new licenses for 2.0 sold since the version 2 release operate on the new, 3-PC, annually renewed subscription model.

It's a licensing model used by most of the major AV vendors and it's still a good deal, as the new license can be used on up to 3 computers at a time.

HTH,

daledoc1

P.S. Yes, the mod team might split off your post to a separate thread. ;)